Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Saucy Size
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ending 2009 having not ridden my mountain bike since the end of September. So the VERY TOP item of my 2010 riding resolutions is to get back on the dirt in January. A lot.

I also resolve to:

* Ride BCT from end-to-(new)-end

* Organize another Crown King-Lake Pleasant Epic

* Organize a get-together in Springerville, probably end of August

* Ride out of state (already planned -- Durango trip in June)

* Do at least one enduro race. Gallup and Cortez are very high on my list, as always. But maybe an entirely new event?

* Donate some hours to some aspect of trail advocacy and/or construction. I've let myself get lazy on this one lately.

* Overall, turn over more consistent miles as soon as my body can handle the stress. I'm doing 150 mile weeks on the road bike now, but it's not the same. My soul needs dirt, and canal miles are like low-grade hydroponics.

What are your riding resolutions this year?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like this. I have been sick for almost 3 months now, but Im all better, and I have some good ideas for the new year.

+Commute to work atleast 4 out of 5 days a week

+Some type of trail ride atleast once a week

+Lose 50 pounds

+Compete in atleast 4 XC races

+Buy a freeride bike and get back into gnarly riding

+Meet up with some of you guys and get to know the community

+++ Oh and to learn some of the damn anagrams you guys use for trail names. Its like another language

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
* ride less

2009 was all about riding for me. I spent over $10K on bikes this year. Every vacation was planned around bikes, every weekend had several bike adventures. Every spare waking moment I think about bikes. Getting a DH bike this year was like getting a really hot and fun new boyfriend... I'm a shuttle addict. And on top of it all, I also want to do mega XC and epic rides. I cannot go a day, or an hour, without checking MTBR. It is a problem. My kayak was not taken out of the garage once this year. My hiking boots have cobwebs. My backpack has not been used in 2 or 3 years. My dogs are ignored, my family misses me.

In 2010, I resolve to diversify.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
DurtGurl said:
* ride less

2009 was all about riding for me. I spent over $10K on bikes this year. Every vacation was planned around bikes, every weekend had several bike adventures. Every spare waking moment I think about bikes. Getting a DH bike this year was like getting a really hot and fun new boyfriend... I'm a shuttle addict. And on top of it all, I also want to do mega XC and epic rides. I cannot go a day, or an hour, without checking MTBR. It is a problem. My kayak was not taken out of the garage once this year. My hiking boots have cobwebs. My backpack has not been used in 2 or 3 years. My dogs are ignored, my family misses me.

In 2010, I resolve to diversify.
but first I need to go for a ride....

G

·
I dont make resolutions because in they end you should be doing the crap you resolve to do on New Years every day anyways...

But if I did, I am sure my resolutions for 2010 would involve:

1) More ginger jokes.
2 Being a bigger cr******* to everyone possible than I already am.
3) Making sure no one ever finds Kavuriders body.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
sixsixtysix said:
I dont make resolutions because in they end you should be doing the crap you resolve to do on New Years every day anyways...

But if I did, I am sure my resolutions for 2010 would involve:

1) More ginger jokes.
2 Being a bigger cr******* to everyone possible than I already am.
3) Making sure no one ever finds Kavuriders body.
I have the van.
don't forget that.
and you're already past #2.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
I resolve to only allow myself to do shuttles on Wendesday Morning and one other day during the week (either Saturday or Sunday, but not both)

I resolve to only do two shuttle runs on Wednesday morning as I would like to keep my job.

I resolve to get more airtime.

I resolve to ride each mountain bike at least one time per week. That means one XC ride, one AM ride, and shuttles. My roadbike can suck it.

I resolve to go to yoga twice a week as it is the only thing strengthening my lower back and allowing me to ride longer.

I resolve to not eat like a starved rhino on business trips.

That is all.

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
This year presented me with contradictions, all due to having a baby. 2 kids is insanely more difficult than 1. I was on my bikes almost 250 days, and averaged more than 30 min a week more than last years - hit my goal over >8 hrs spinning per week. The bad news was *a lot* of it was on my trainner and commutes, mostly on my regular trails like Hawes, National and Pass Mtn and not many adventures. I rode all sorts of new routes and variations on these trails, so that kept them feeling fresh at least.

Sooooooooo....I dont have a lot to work with, but I'm going to make sure the rides are always exciting and fun, and keep getting the most out of them with my friends. And make efforts whenever I can for big new adventures. A family camping\riding trip we took with a bunch of other families to Sedona worked out really well, despite all the logistics involved. Need to lose 5lbs too.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
1. Try to ride a geared mtn bike
2. Ride my road bike more - and my mtn bikes more!
3. SSWC New Zealand!
4. Complete a Multi-day unsupported mtn bike race - like AZT300 or something
5. More out of state races
6. Ride south mountain more than once (If I can get off work on a weekday when it is not like a crowded shopping mall on the trail)
7. Spend less than $10,000 on bike parts

·
Registered
178 Posts
1. Ride outside of PHX!! Other than a chance occurrence of riding a trail at Mingus Mt. I haven't ridden anything outside of the valley.

2. Try any combination of the McDowell bypass rides.

3. Meet up with other riders. I'm always on here interacting, but always riding alone.

·
Banned
486 Posts
My .02

2010 has been tough for me on many levels. Now that I have relocated to an area much more conducive to riding (well, and civilization altogether), I need to take advantage of it.

1) Ride more frequently, longer distances.
2) Push myself harder when I am riding, really try to find out what's over that next hill even if it hurts.
3) Diversify - I really want to start indoor climbing, and pick up where I left off on trail running last year.
4) Eat less - or at least burn off what I do decide to eat.
5) Lose some weight - I'm guessing I need to get about 25lbs off.
6) Less time here (MTBR and/or internet in general), more time being productive.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
1. No fractures on beginner trials unless I have a good story to follow up said fracture.
2. More road rides, if leg is ready to go Tour de Cure.
3. Ride newly built Titus which will have been sitting for a few months!
4. Shuttle a few friends during down time.
5. Try not to mess up the flow of fellow riders except for Kavurider.

·
It's a slugfest!
742 Posts
1. Try more features on Somo.
2. Commute on bike at least once a week.
3. Shave facial hair, but let neck hair grow wildly.
4. Find a used bone saw on Craigslist.
5. Take a crap off a bench on Geronimo.
6. Change my avatar to a chick flexing her fanny cheeks.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Paul B said:
What's on your list?
Good question. I was thinking about it today after failing once again to make this really tight hairpin on I think 220. As hard as I try, I can never make that turn. Also, not that I've tried in ages, but I've never cleaned Cheesegrater.

But my riding is almost exclusively PMP, so stuff like waterfall (which I've been on maybe 4 times, and never even bothered to try and ride it) something that gets me very time.

I guess another resolution is expand my riding parameter.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
I have heard of this gnar at PMP. I need to find it one day. The top of the quartz trail (I think it was) was pretty fricking nuts, so I can only imagine.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.