Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kiss my Grits!
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any mountain biking goals for 2010?

This year I will ride 120,000' of elevation climb. In 2009 I just got past 100,000' of climb.

How about you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,753 Posts
This will be the year I finally mtn bike Mt Everest.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Preparing for another year of failure and disappointment:thumbsup:
 

·
I have red hair
Joined
·
265 Posts
rsquared28 said:
This will be the year I finally mtn bike Mt Everest.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Preparing for another year of failure and disappointment:thumbsup:

LOL I'm stealing your goal, i bet I can fail worse than you can :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,753 Posts
RedGreen said:
LOL I'm stealing your goal, i bet I can fail worse than you can :thumbsup:
Don't bet on it. I try to make it a point to only complain about things I screw up.
Never underestimate my ability to screw things up!! :D

Back on topic - I really want to spend more time riding my SS. I just found a new trail network yesterday that screams SS. I will be spending a lot of time out there this year.
More time racing my SS as well.

One other legitimate goal for this year is to get a better fork on my SS. The stock Haro steel fork is just killing me. I need some carbon goodness.
 

·
WNC Native
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
to race SS for the first time!

and to keep a SS together for the entire year. To myself, " stop being an ss bike whore, stop being an ss bike whore."
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
11,527 Posts
Chim Chim said:
Do you have any mountain biking goals for 2010?

This year I will ride 120,000' of elevation climb. In 2009 I just got past 100,000' of climb.

How about you?

Personally I intend to claim my 4th finisher's cap in the Cascade Cream Puff 100 Mile Race this year (July). I'm sure I'll go over 100,000' gain in the process; may go over 300,000'. Three rides alone on my schedule (including the Cream Puff race itself) add up to around 50,000' gain. So far this year I've bagged about 12,000'. Today is January 10th.

--Sparty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I plan on spending half as much money on bikes as I did last year and riding twice as much. I'm sure I will fail at both but I like to remain hopeful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Sparticus said:
Personally I intend to claim my 4th finisher's cap in the Cascade Cream Puff 100 Mile Race this year (July). I'm sure I'll go over 100,000' gain in the process; may go over 300,000'. Three rides alone on my schedule (including the Cream Puff race itself) add up to around 50,000' gain. So far this year I've bagged about 12,000'. Today is January 10th.

--Sparty
I can beat that - at the end of the 11th January I am at about 21,000 feet (6500M) vertical gain for the year on my ss. I'm sure someone can trump this?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top