Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I´d like to know the a-c length of a 2010 RS Revelation in 150mm and Maxle lite configuration.

Are they taller or shorter than the 2009 ones, respective to the same amount of travel of course.

Greetings and thanks

Znarf

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Good question. I am a bit bummed at the added travel. It would be too much for my bike if it was taller by the 10mm. I figured I could just use all travel spacers and reduce it to 140mm.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow,
thanks a lot.

I always sniff around at the sram.com website, but I didn´t find that treasure!

Really nice, that sram has all the tech stuff on there.

Thanks again.

Greetings Znarf

·
Registered
647 Posts
AL29er said:
Good question. I am a bit bummed at the added travel. It would be too much for my bike if it was taller by the 10mm. I figured I could just use all travel spacers and reduce it to 140mm.
With some careful measureing and cutting you can certainly make a 140mm all travel spacer. Or a spacer which leaves the same a2c, but with more travel, for that matter.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Do you know if the 140mm will be able to get 150 buy removing the spacer .. and the other way around... or will they be tottaly seperate products...

I need a new fork.. 140 is what the bike calls for... but having 150 on tap would be super if i get a bigger bike in the future...

·
Registered
192 Posts
DH_WP said:
Do you know if the 140mm will be able to get 150 buy removing the spacer .. and the other way around... or will they be tottaly seperate products...

I need a new fork.. 140 is what the bike calls for... but having 150 on tap would be super if i get a bigger bike in the future...
You can get the 150mm and add the 10mm spacer for now. It can be changed to 140mm and 130mm. U-turn is 150mm to 120mm.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,
the fork looks fantastic. Great weight :D

Would you be so kind and measure the axle-to crown length from the center of the Maxle to the top of the crown, where the steerer is located, at full extension. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseee?

Greetings Znarf

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
They really seem to be closing the gap between the RVL and the Pike. Any reason to get a Pike anymore?
Thats what I'm wondering. I guess if you had to have coil you would still get it. There is also the rumor of beefed up the steer tube/crown junction on the Pike. But I can't see anything special on my Pike.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.