Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i plan on opening a mountain bike park (down hill) in afghanistan on 2010 When the land mines are cleared. i would appericate some advise and comments
Here are some pictures of afghan mountains

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in. I'll be there probably around 2012. Hopefully you'll have her fully functional by then. And I agree, leave the landmines. More incentive to stay on the trail.

·
Space Ghost
962 Posts
It looks like a beautiful place. In a better world, you might actually be enjoying your stay. Take care, keep your head down...and thank you.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Punishment71 said:
What's it gonna be called? Pesmerga Bike Park?
That's Kurdish. Those who face death.

Cool pics, will be dusty and loose. God help you if you crash and have to go to the local "hospital".

First trail should be called Revenge of the Taliban.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buying real este in Afghanistan is hard as hell its all about who you know and who they know and who you can bribe.I talk to a CAT dealer they said they can Bring in any cat supply needed rates are redicouls tough

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh boy! I was hoping that it was a joke. If you were business-savvy whatsoever, you would backpeddle and say that it IS a joke. There is hardly much market for it there. The average (well-paying) job earns about $17/month... and the clientel is the least of your problems.

Even running the hills there is an adventure, staying between the painted rocks (marking the "cleared" areas). Still we had a local die during training, running one of the lanes that was "cleared".

Good luck with your little business endeavor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Switchback said:
Oh boy! I was hoping that it was a joke. If you were business-savvy whatsoever, you would backpeddle and say that it IS a joke. There is hardly much market for it there. The average (well-paying) job earns about $17/month... and the clientel is the least of your problems.

Even running the hills there is an adventure, staying between the painted rocks (marking the "cleared" areas). Still we had a local die during training, running one of the lanes that was "cleared".

Good luck with your little business endeavor.
2010 Is a long time from now as long as there are collation forces and sliders they will come and i been talking to a few members of the afghan government saying that there are numerous mine clearing programs in place.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yeah I'm not betting on the Afghanis getting their poop together anytime soon. And I think most westerners are sufficiently chicken$%#t to engage in THAT much adventure.

OTOH, you might have a market with returning GIs who want a taste of the place they served in... assuming they want to burp it up again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.