Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we obviously won't know anything until Ibis is ready to share, but let's have some fun and take some guesses as to what we'll see for the 2010 Mojo.

Clearly, we'll see some slightly updated specs...but I'm hoping we'll see some wild new colors.

Personally, I'd love to see a candy apple red metallic, a flat-black stealth color, or even a wild canary yellow (had one of the original Yellow Trek Y-33 "banana" bikes - loved the look of it!)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Scott's riding . . . .

a really nice white mojo. It looks like a show bike with matching blue anodized metal here and there. As always, Scott is always nice, especially since I was riding a Turner. I was with my friend Ray, who was riding his Mojo, so I guess I get a pass.

I'd love to ride a Mojo and I will if the federal goverment will bail me out!:thumbsup:

Cheers,

Kane

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi,
About Mojo...
I'd like to see a BB30 bottom braket and may be a slightly different shock position and improved frame. It doesn't need too much but it's loosing the gap with others competitors.
About colors... candy apple red metallic or translucent should be fantastic.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
A .3" shorter chainstay swingarm that is a retro-fit to current frames and also slackens the angles 1 degree. Just wishing.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An option of having the Chris King InSet would also be great.

Can't wait to see the new XX grouppo on a Mojo as well!

Lastly, I've been seeing a few "special" ultralight builds of FS bikes in magazines lately....(Cannondales, Santa Cruz, etc.) I wonder what the absolute lightest weight you could get the Mojo SL down to would be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
A recumbent mojo, with 24" rear wheel and 29" front.

Lighter weight too. Remove every 4th carbon fibre, shoud do the trick.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
My guess? No changes, not design/geo anyways. They'll change up colors probably, but nothing of substance, more superficial. Not knocking.....they don't "need" to make any design/geo changes. Besides, what could they do that would alter the Mojo significantly to warrant the costs (new molds, CAD work, etc)? I mean they could stiffen/strengthen the rear tri a bit I guess. Offer it as an upgrade, but I don't see them doing that. They're better off designing a new bike (please please) to strengthen their product offering than tweaking minor things on the Mojo.

They'll offer shock upgrades and different part specs because component manufacturers will have changes for 2010, but nothing significant will change with the Mojo. That's my bet....any takers? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
as ddraewwg said... no changes to the geometry. Those changes are expensive I'm sure, and if no one is complaining and you keep moving product, Why fix what AINT broken?

colors I'm sure will get updated, maybe better components...

That's the extent I would guess.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I wouldn't expect much change with the Mojo. Unless they could figure out a way for it to turn into a pizza and a six pack at the end of ride, can't imagine they could improve it much. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if we saw a longer travel freeride-ish bike. Something in the 160mm-170mm travel range with a 1.5 head tube and loads of tire clearance. Think Pivot Firebird/Turner RFX/ SC Nomad.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,119 Posts
I heard they're dropping their entire current line and focusing on colorful chromoly fixies. Their online store will no longer stock Lg and XL t-shirts. But, they will be adding a new line of capris or 'man-pris' in the mens section. Along with a create your own spoke card/Bedazzler kit in the accessories section, Ibis is planing on releasing a cd with all your favorite Emo-esque bands.

Sounds pretty exciting!

Late Edit:

Below is an email I just received from Scot @ Ibis. This may shed some light on the 2010 line up. My name/contact info has been altered to conceal my identity:

Subject: What's crackin' home boy?
To: youkindasuk@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 10:21 AM

Yo Douchebag!

Long time no speak. How are things in Salt Lake? Still hittin' all that fine ass out there? Man, I totally envy you with all those women wanting to get on your junk. My offer still stands. Six figures to join our team and take over the healm from Brian! Think about it and Tweet me.

Anyway, just wanted to give my favorite rider (yep, Lopes is my #2 man now) a heads up on what we have planned for 2010. I'm pretty stoked and think you'll be as well.

We've been noticing that the LG and XL t-shirts just aren't selling so I'm sending those to you as you're so freaking huge and ripped. Seems our demographic is now skinny white guys with image issues so the SM and MD shirts have been flying off the shelves and we're just going to focus on those sizes and offer the customer a streamlined size selection experience. We will keep the women's clothing line the same.

Are you running spoke cards on your DH bike? Probably. Ha! Yeah, those are all the rage now with the kids who hang out and smoke in front of the local coffee haus. We're going to tap (that's what she said) into that market and dominate it. Now that the Lopes Link production is all caught up we're just waiting for Bedazzler to get our modified kits out and in the mail. Get this: Totally create your own spoke card! I know, it's gonna rock.

Now down to business. Our current bike line is going out the door. No more Mojo. No more Silk. Hans is tossing those designs in the shredder as I type. We're starting from scratch and going back to my roots: Lugged, chromoly fixies! Can't wait. I'm brushing up on my welding skillz as we are going to keep this entirely inhouse. Hans is bummed as it will mean long hours in a non-air conditioned warehouse, but we're 110% committed to the fixie movement. We're in the final processes of chosing paint but are running into some issues getting the neon colors bright enough. I want people to have to wear sunglasses when looking at an Ibis.
From a financial standpoint this all makes sense. As our clientelle moves away from the average male to guys who maybe weigh 110-130lbs tops who have no energy or strength from all the meth in their bodies, we really won't have to build strong frames.

Anyway. I love you man! Did you get the chocolate I sent out last week? It was nothing really.

Let me know what I can do to get you on our team???? Custom fixie DH racer? Special, one-off Ibis skin suit? I'll even make Lopes your mechanic!

Gosh. I'm just gushing now.

See you at Interbike. Text me!

~Scot
www.ibiscycles.com

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,119 Posts
Thank you, thank you.

Seriously though, if Scot and the boys could do the following tweaks to the Mojo I think they would have a quiver killer as IMO, the bike is so, so close to being THE uber bike:

-Lower the TT, especially on the XL about an inch.
-Slacken the HA out a degree.
-Different/better cable guides. Perhaps an option to run full length rear der. housing without drilling and dropping the need to use those little, plastic clips.
-Drop the water bottle bosses off the bottom of the down tube. It's just tacky.
-Make that silver color available to the masses.

And not really necessary but would really add to the bling factor would be some custom plastic or rubberized chainslap guards on the chainstay and lower section of the seatstay. Yeti's doing this on their new 303 and it really adds a nice touch and keeps the frame looking clean.

Note: Please don't ruin the experience with "I want a 29'er! Yay for 29'ers!" comments. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
slcrockymountainrider said:
Thank you, thank you.

Seriously though, if Scot and the boys could do the following tweaks to the Mojo I think they would have a quiver killer as IMO, the bike is so, so close to being THE uber bike:

-Lower the TT, especially on the XL about an inch.
-Slacken the HA out a degree.
-Different/better cable guides. Perhaps an option to run full length rear der. housing without drilling and dropping the need to use those little, plastic clips.
-Drop the water bottle bosses off the bottom of the down tube. It's just tacky.
-Make that silver color available to the masses.

And not really necessary but would really add to the bling factor would be some custom plastic or rubberized chainslap guards on the chainstay and lower section of the seatstay. Yeti's doing this on their new 303 and it really adds a nice touch and keeps the frame looking clean.

Note: Please don't ruin the experience with "I want a 29'er! Yay for 29'ers!" comments. Thanks in advance.
+1 on everything

·
Registered
275 Posts
slcrockymountainrider said:
I heard they're dropping their entire current line and focusing on colorful chromoly fixies. Their online store will no longer stock Lg and XL t-shirts. But, they will be adding a new line of capris or 'man-pris' in the mens section. Along with a create your own spoke card/Bedazzler kit in the accessories section, Ibis is planing on releasing a cd with all your favorite Emo-esque bands.

Sounds pretty exciting!

Late Edit:

Below is an email I just received from Scot @ Ibis. This may shed some light on the 2010 line up. My name/contact info has been altered to conceal my identity:

Subject: What's crackin' home boy?
To: youkindasuk@yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 10:21 AM

Yo Douchebag!

Long time no speak. How are things in Salt Lake? Still hittin' all that fine ass out there? Man, I totally envy you with all those women wanting to get on your junk. My offer still stands. Six figures to join our team and take over the healm from Brian! Think about it and Tweet me.

Anyway, just wanted to give my favorite rider (yep, Lopes is my #2 man now) a heads up on what we have planned for 2010. I'm pretty stoked and think you'll be as well.

We've been noticing that the LG and XL t-shirts just aren't selling so I'm sending those to you as you're so freaking huge and ripped. Seems our demographic is now skinny white guys with image issues so the SM and MD shirts have been flying off the shelves and we're just going to focus on those sizes and offer the customer a streamlined size selection experience. We will keep the women's clothing line the same.

Are you running spoke cards on your DH bike? Probably. Ha! Yeah, those are all the rage now with the kids who hang out and smoke in front of the local coffee haus. We're going to tap (that's what she said) into that market and dominate it. Now that the Lopes Link production is all caught up we're just waiting for Bedazzler to get our modified kits out and in the mail. Get this: Totally create your own spoke card! I know, it's gonna rock.

Now down to business. Our current bike line is going out the door. No more Mojo. No more Silk. Hans is tossing those designs in the shredder as I type. We're starting from scratch and going back to my roots: Lugged, chromoly fixies! Can't wait. I'm brushing up on my welding skillz as we are going to keep this entirely inhouse. Hans is bummed as it will mean long hours in a non-air conditioned warehouse, but we're 110% committed to the fixie movement. We're in the final processes of chosing paint but are running into some issues getting the neon colors bright enough. I want people to have to wear sunglasses when looking at an Ibis.
From a financial standpoint this all makes sense. As our clientelle moves away from the average male to guys who maybe weigh 110-130lbs tops who have no energy or strength from all the meth in their bodies, we really won't have to build strong frames.

Anyway. I love you man! Did you get the chocolate I sent out last week? It was nothing really.

Let me know what I can do to get you on our team???? Custom fixie DH racer? Special, one-off Ibis skin suit? I'll even make Lopes your mechanic!

Gosh. I'm just gushing now.

See you at Interbike. Text me!

~Scot
www.ibiscycles.com
Brilliant post! That was effing hilarious! I was crying like a little girl from laughing so hard. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
what month was the 2009 bike released? web site kinda indicates 08 sold until jan 09, 6 months is a bit early to be gettiing excited, isnt it?? but does anyone remember the 09 realease date?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts