Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Paper or plastic?
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, we know that the Motolite is gone. There is a carbon frame coming (guessing an FTM). There is something new about the EG rear triangle (Maxle?).

Go ahead, guess away.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Carbon FTM

A carbon FTM with Sram XX and new Fox shock/fork will be my next lust bike! Hope it still has lifetime warranty and made in USA- Id like to see raw carbon-no paint. Similar to the Racer X.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Here are my guesses.....Carbon FTM, AM Ti hardtail, New lighter 26 and 29 inch Firelines, New XC 29er (4-5 inch travel), more options on El Guapo, the demise of the Ti
El Guapo. Steel Exogrid at a lower price. Possibly a sub 1200gram Carbon Hardtail.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Future of the ML?? Probably gone.

But what about ML1's and RX1's?? Replaced by All Aluminum FTM and X???

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I can see a carbon FTM, just because it is cheaper than ti. There is no USA made carbon. It is China or Italy. The ML will be gone and replaced by a lower end FTM. The EG will be beefed up and sport 170mm of travel and sport a new rear end called "heavy rail".

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
Man, a 29er FTM would be an absolute killer

TiEndo said:
Here are my guesses.....Carbon FTM, AM Ti hardtail, New lighter 26 and 29 inch Firelines, New XC 29er (4-5 inch travel), more options on El Guapo, the demise of the Ti
El Guapo. Steel Exogrid at a lower price. Possibly a sub 1200gram Carbon Hardtail.
Wave of the future, IMO. Big wheel trailbike.

·
Ultimated Outsider
570 Posts
TiEndo said:
Here are my guesses..... the demise of the Ti
El Guapo. .
That would be sad, since then I would not have a carbon free replacement for my carbon free Ti ML.:madman:

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Warp said:
He was talking about the Ti EG only...
Yep.....hydroformed version dropped almost the weight the Ti version saved, that was the only reason for its existence and to show how good their Ti Fabricators are.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
sopwithcamel said:
Hey what do you guys think of Syntace's new X-12 System standard? Do you think it's something that Titus should adopt? It seems like a reasonable step forward, at least at first glance.

Sopwithcamel
If they make it either 150mm or 135mm that'd be something that Titus should go with.

Why, why on earth another wheel width standard????
Why manufacturers keep on pushing new standards? (Standards that add nothing respective to existent ones, that is).

Yeah, you can use custom spacers with a 135mm hub, but why not go all the way to 150mm or stay at 135??

Though... links between Magura / Syntace / Titus are subtle but strong...

I'd rather see a maxle.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Warp...... You may be on to some thing there with the 150mm rear axle. If we did that we could then run a 11 speed cassette and you could probably get away with a single chainring.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
sopwithcamel said:
Warp...... You may be on to some thing there with the 150mm rear axle. If we did that we could then run a 11 speed cassette and you could probably get away with a single chainring.
Or simply a stiffer, stouter bike for the same weight. You can use a wider BB with a BB30. Light, stiff.

Funny how you can't find light 1.5 stems, for example. Not that they can't be made...

11sp?? Heck, I wanted to go back to 8sp!! :lol:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
sopwithcamel said:
8 speed! Why? I find my XTR 970 nine speed works great.
Well, yeah... mine too. But I had better performance of the whole drivetrain in nasty conditions with the 8sp.

I'd be more leaned to customizable cassettes so you can get the right gear ratios you need instead of having more that you barely use.

Though, I see that probably racers would be more inclined to 10sp or 11sp. But for the average joe, 9sp is probably too much already... many wasted gears.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have heard that the main difference to the EG rear triangle is that it will feature more hydroforming, thus will be a different shape, lighter and stronger - This was from a Titus LBS

·
The Beast Breathes
724 Posts
Hopefully they won't change the look of anything, because it all looks fine.

I'd like to see an FTM in carbon, along with a Racer X that looks more like a Motolite, 'cept without the seatpost brace.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts