Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here goes from what limited time I have on the new 888 evo it seems to be promising the damping was pretty good. I took a run to get it dialed in then on the second run I was going way to fast and clipped a rock. Here is a picture of my 1 day old Marzocchi 888 evo. It was not the forks fault it actually made me feel more comfortable at high speeds.
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Automotive tire

Bicycle tire Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim

Logo Font Carmine Drink Aluminum can

Yellow Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle wheel rim White

·
For The Win
454 Posts
So....? Nice fork, but really. I doubt anyone on here is surprised it got damaged, you just got unlucky and had it happen quick. But, its been good performance wise, yeah? My RC2X is getting old...:cool:

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StinkyFTW said:
So....? Nice fork, but really. I doubt anyone on here is surprised it got damaged, you just got unlucky and had it happen quick. But, its been good performance wise, yeah? My RC2X is getting old...:cool:
Yeah the fork is good from what little time I have on it and from the size of the fluid puddles it was full of oil and every click on the knobs made a noticeable difference in the way it rides. I can't get lowers yet because spare parts are not in america so I can give a full review later. That and I am on narcotics because I wrecked my ankle pretty bad but it's not broken.

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
639 Posts
Getting ready to sell my 07 888 RC2X. Just got a Fox 40, and seeing all this stuff is making me nervous haha.

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah I was hauling it ripped the rear rubber queen on that hit and my ankle. I just hope marzocchi can get me back on it in a week they have been very good to me in the past.

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
davec113 said:
Maybe cut out a square of aluminum from a beer can and glue it on there with some epoxy?

That sucks about your ankle, hope it's not too bad...
it dented it in also

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,568 Posts
Aw f$%k, that looks like a bad sprain. Color will come in a day or 2. Thats going to take a while to recover from, and you'll want to wear an ankle brace for the next year or so. Sorry man, that sucks.

Those lowers can still be fixed, just push out the dent and patch the hole... but Marz might have new lowers for you before you can use them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wow I'm tired of people moaning about their ruined forks. All they do is whine about wanting them lighter and lighter. So the manufacturers stop using heavy-but-dependable oil baths and thicker castings and now people complain that they're too easy to damage? Harden up. You want it light or you want it tough? You clearly can't have both.

I'd take an 8lb rock-solid 888 over a 6lb piece of glass any day. How disposable do forks have to get before we realize that dependability and toughness are at least as important as light weight?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts