Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some fast advice and opinions on which one of these forks is better handling and durable. I have the opportunity to buy one or the other but cannot make up my mind. I mostly ride aggressive trail riding with 2-3' drops and jumps. The Marz is 160mm travel and the RS is 180mm. They both look good but I would like some other opinions to help me out thanks.

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
I need some fast advice and opinions on which one of these forks is better handling and durable. I have the opportunity to buy one or the other but cannot make up my mind. I mostly ride aggressive trail riding with 2-3' drops and jumps. The Marz is 160mm travel and the RS is 180mm. They both look good but I would like some other opinions to help me out thanks.
For what bike?

·
Huckin' trails
6,060 Posts
It's not JUST opinion..it's all about geometry, but I'm sure you knew that.
your bike is 140mm stock, 180mm might be fine but who knows until you strap her on there and see.
I know... Cheezy geometry is all about doing it right in your head... Then get back to us in a few rides to see if you got the best bike ever or a horrible back pain and hard to pedal position...

David

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sure it is, if I want my bike to ride like a chopper then thats how its gonna ride but anyway thats a totally different thread, I am well aware of what my bikes travels and geometries are, what I was trying to accomplish here was input on the forks as far as duarbility,stiffness, tuneability, etc. but the Domain has been bought and its on the bike now and it feels good, after considering the sag it sits just how I like it when I am on the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.