Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
DekerfTeamST said:
I received the P321 Steerer a while a go from Jake. Great quality.:thumbsup: but was anxiously waiting for my Lefty to arrive. After about a two month wait it finally showed the other day. The white crowns look sweet.
Hi! Could you post more pictures of it? Does the front sticker says DLR SL?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
88 rex said:
It has the OPI lower, so it has to be an SL :thumbsup:

I have the Carbon speed version and it has the two piece lowers, although it says SL where his says OPI. Makes sense right:)
Thanks! I am naive to Leftys. My confusion came because today I recived a 2010
29er Carbon SL DLR fork. At the Cannondale site and dealer brochure pictures you can see a sticker that says "DLR SL" on the SL and only "DLR" ont the non SL. Mine only says "DLR" although the box was marked SL. Also the 2010 dealer brochure says " SL optimize the carbon and clamps for lower weight", no mention of the OPI and SL spindles. So I though I received the non SL in a wrong marked box. But as you pointed out mine have the OPI spindle, so maybe the sticker on the fork is the wrong one? Can you tell me if the published weight is with or without the steerer tube?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
onixbonilla said:
Hi! Could you post more pictures of it? Does the front sticker says DLR SL?:thumbsup:
Yes the sticker around the upper part of the leg does say DLR SL. Besides some of the small weight saving features the needle bearings are also held in place differently on the SL than non SL versions. The published weight does not include the steer tube.

·
Registered
301 Posts
88 rex said:
It has the OPI lower, so it has to be an SL :thumbsup:

I have the Carbon speed version and it has the two piece lowers, although it says SL where his says OPI. Makes sense right:)
Not in every case. My Speed 110 has the OPI lower but it has the Fox/RLC internals.

I was expecting an SL DLR (listed as standard on 09 Rush 1) as that was is specd by Cannondale. However even in the C-Dale photo it clearly shows the fox sticker.

I have seen others like mine as well.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
ASI CA said:
Not in every case. My Speed 110 has the OPI lower but it has the Fox/RLC internals.

I was expecting an SL DLR (listed as standard on 09 Rush 1) as that was is specd by Cannondale. However even in the C-Dale photo it clearly shows the fox sticker.

I have seen others like mine as well.
We are talking about 2010 forks:thumbsup: I don't think the Fox internals are even an option anymore.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Let's sum this up to avoid confusing... Because I am getting confused:D:D

So we have DLR, that's the suspension parts... Lockout rebound that kind of stuff?
SL has to do with the lighter carbon upper assy with the bonded clamps ( so there has been a version with carbon that was no sl and had heavier carbon and clamps?)
Opi is the lowers (but this isn't always the case when you have sl?)
What is DLR2?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ninko said:
Let's sum this up to avoid confusing... Because I am getting confused:D:D

So we have DLR, that's the suspension parts... Lockout rebound that kind of stuff?
SL has to do with the lighter carbon upper assy with the bonded clamps ( so there has been a version with carbon that was no sl and had heavier carbon and clamps?)
Opi is the lowers (but this isn't always the case when you have sl?)
What is DLR2?
I see why you're confused:p

I'm out the door to ride so I'm sure someone will explain before I return.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well mine end up being a 29er Carbon DLR SL with the wrong sticker as it have the the OPI spindle and the weight is 2.6lbs without the steerer tube. The 29er Carbon DLR non SL have the old 2 pieces spindle knwon as the SL spindle as stated before!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did you weigh it? I also have the Carbon SLR with OPI spindle. So after rebuild it to a 80mm/29" it should weigh around 2,6 lbs? Did you do the travel adjusting yourself? or did you bought it as a 29er?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
onixbonilla said:
Well mine end up being a 29er Carbon DLR SL with the wrong sticker as it have the the OPI spindle and the weight is 2.6lbs without the steerer tube. The 29er Carbon DLR non SL have the old 2 pieces spindle knwon as the SL spindle as stated before!!!:thumbsup:
Did you get the right one that you ordered?

Either way, you got the best one.:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.