Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
keen to see or hear your set ups

Does anyone else find the frond end sits a lil high? I swapped the parts over from my Commencal absolut 4X, 2inch riser Deity bars, but now thinking maybe running lower rise bars like Dirty 30's

anyone running low rise bars on their set ups?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, no issues with that. The front end on those jackals pop up really easy.
I started off with about 3/4" of spacers under my stem, but I lowered it because my front wheel was coming off the ground when railing out of berms on my pumptrack. It feels more planted now, but it is still easy to get off the ground.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ride mine almost exclusively on pump tracks and getter the front end lower made a huge difference. I'm running a 100mm Rock Shox Argyle and a low rise Edge bar and it really seems perfect. I've ridden a bunch of different DJ bikes on the track and the Jackyl is my favorite hands down. The Scott Voltage is really good too but I'm 6'2" and the top rube felt too short.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with Zach. This is the best hardtail that I have ever ridden. It just handles awesome, and the frame has a lively, poppy feel to it.
Here are the pics. I have since dropped my stem all the way down:

·
KoNa KiD
325 Posts
Hey just throwin my 2 cents in. I've got a 2010 standard frame setup with a pike lowered to 95,king headset, and a deity zero rise stem with their 2 inchrise bars and it feels great, I'm 6'1.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
for those of you running a rear der, how did you mount the cable? i just bought a used jackal, and on the brake side, the cable is fixed using zip ties to these points along the top tube. does that mean i have to get a sheath for the rear shift cable, or is there som eother way of running the cable? thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.