Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Hack Racer
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like hope is releasing a new XC brake.

Race X2, replaces the X2 Mini Pro

estimated at 270g per end. Maybe not the lightest, but probably going to be one of the most reliable.

I think I found the 2010 upgrade I want to do... Replace the Avid Juicy Ultimates on my Kona Hei Hei Supreme. The avids have been finiky and I've had to rebuild both levers already... The Hope X2 Mini Pro I have on the lynskey always works. No fussing around required. They bleed using the gravity method rather than stupid syringes.

·
Registered
342 Posts
270 per end? Isn't that even lighter than Formula R1?

Hope stuff is solid. I'm sure they'll be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
544 Posts
what did the minis weight that you have? im getting ready to buy the X2s like you have but may splurge for these new ones.

any idea what they may run yet?

·
Registered
342 Posts
That "honest weight of 270g" is including rotor or not?

It's nice they're quoting honest weight unlike their rear hub that's 22g over...

·
Crash test dummy
67 Posts
Just got this information from CRC:

"I have spoken to the brand manager for Hope and he told me that 2010 stuff has not started production yet. Hope has told us they anticipate having the stems and brakes ready for January, however, this is not a definite date."

·
Registered
43 Posts
these brakes are being released next week!! although because hope have been waiting for carbon leved to be produced for so long they have produced their own alloy levers and reservoir caps. they claim that the weight is about 2 grams heavier and the price of the brakes have gone down by £5 per brake. saw the alloy levers today and they look and feel nicer than the carbons anyway. hope and looking to release the carbon levers at a later date and match makers are on their way soon too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rode a demo bike with these on today here in the uk, felt absolutely superb.:thumbsup: I am only used to xtr v- brakes though, so i don't know how much my opinion counts! And can confirm the levers and the cap are in alloy at the moment.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Cheers! said:
booo! 5 british pounds cheaper for alloy lever and alloy cap? WTF? I'm willing to bet those things when purchased separately after the fact would cost 40 british pounds.

that is BS!

yep i was thinking the same thing. i still havent mounted my mini pros and was thinking about selling them to fund the races but without the carbon bits, i really just dont see the point when i like the look of the pros over the black races.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i bet they will be expensive. oh well hopefully i should have a set at the end of the week and i'll post a pic up of them. glad they are black - the pros are nice but i didnt like the colour of them.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I too have a pair on back order and hope to have them by the end of the week. I was initially disappointed to hear they had ditched the carbon but I can live with 2g extra. They tell me that the new levers have a much better feel than than carbon and have been milled to be the lightest they have made.I suppose they would say that though.: I will be very happy if they come in at the claimed weight. They are replacing my mono mini's and will shave around half a pound off the bike and I know they will be great. I have great faith in their stuff and compared to the mainstream competition they are a good price

·
Registered
43 Posts
Matter of opinion there but your res caps look cool. Nice bit of weight weenieism done there. I'll be looking to do something similar with the races, it might take some time because they are so new though.

1 - 20 of 293 Posts