Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Giant XTC 29er's are out and about. This one just came in today.
26.37 lbs :D

This bike looks fast sitting still. If your in the area swing past and check it out.

---------------------------
cyclestarbikes.com - The 1st GBS Store In The USA

·
Registered
270 Posts
daaaammmnn.. that thing looks sharp. So what's the deal with a maestro equipped Giant 29er? Was that just a big rumor or what?

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
I'd a thunk it woulda been lighter. What's making it over 25 pounds? Heavy cranks, and hubs and rims?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
lookin' good! I guess the OEM wheels could be lighter? Digging the color scheme and the blue ano touches on the seatpost and headset.

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
Never been a fan of giant but that thing looks really good. Looks a lot better than anything I have seen from the other two generic bike companies. (i.e. specialized and trek) Very nice touches on the annodized parts for a stock bike.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Nice blue anodized headset and yes those rims look massive. I thought they were coming out with a singlespeed compatible version....

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I dunno, looks quite nice and all and the ano bits are a nice touch, but over $2k for a 26+lb HT :rolleyes: Bit heavy IMHO, even considering the stock crappy, rebadged parts :rolleyes: Hope all the ugly Giant rebadging is all stickers and comes off easy :madman: Wonder what they might sell the frame only for?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts