Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Fox 32 lower with QR15 as an upgrade for my 2007 Talas 9mm lower.

The lower had no axle, which I've ordered from Fox. However there is nothing to screw the threaded axle into on the other side. Is there a threaded insert of some sort? I suppose I could call the Fox folks (I'll have to anyway to get the part), just thought I'd ask here first.

·
1:18
526 Posts
Yes, there is a threaded insert and some stuff to keep it in place. Check the pictures on 'net and manuals to get better idea how it looks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I did the exact same swap. I bought my 15QR lowers directly from Fox and it included everything - the axle, new seals, everything for about $210.
The threaded portion isn't really an insert - it is more like a thin nut that goes on the outside of the lower and it is held in place by a small screw. Just curious, where did you buy your lowers from?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the lowers (which are new) from craigslist for $100. Guessing by the time I buy the axle and now nut, I'm really not going to save much....maybe $50, but $ is $.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts