Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone order a 2010 Epic Marathon Alloy Frame? If you did, have you received it yet??? I ordered mine the beginning of October and still haven't received it. Not that it matters at this point, because the weather here in NJ has been bad. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last time I went to my LBS was the beginning of December and at that time they said 2 weeks at most. But it is still not here. It gets here when it gets here. I don't think I would want to take a nice new frame out in this weather anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Thanks, at least I know I am not alone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
kevindef said:
The last time I went to my LBS was the beginning of December and at that time they said 2 weeks at most. But it is still not here. It gets here when it gets here. I don't think I would want to take a nice new frame out in this weather anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Thanks, at least I know I am not alone.
It matters to me because I'm in the california desert and we are mid 60's to 70's and its mountain bike season. during the summer I have to switch to road or nite ride.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Keep in mind the stretched out geometry of the Epic. I've ridden Large FSR frames for the last ten years with 100mm or 110mm stems. When I got my '09 Epic Marathon 2 months ago I had to put a 90mm stem on to get the cockpit right and speed up the steering. The wheelbase is close to an inch longer on the Epic than it is on my '04 anniversary FSR. If you typically ride a large frame, go with that, but be aware of the possible need to shorten the stem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got a call about an hour go from my LBS. My frame is in!!!!!! Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Unfortunately, I will not be able to get there until Monday.

·
West Poland Reprazent
60 Posts
the problem is that I always try to go for 18" frames. My previous frames were scott scale M (a bit too small) and recently Trek 8500 17,5 (again a bit too small). The problem was in lack of 18" frames from Trek. They made them available in 18,5 in 2009 though...In Spec. it's also far from perfect: M is too small, L is too large...oh life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.