Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
By any chance could someone tell me what the new 2010 Enduro shock size is? Please include the stroke as well.

1 retard told me that it is a 7.5 X 1.5 shock which has got to be a joke. I'm assuming that it's an 8 x 2.25 or an 8.5 x 2.5.... can anyone agree or give me the actual size?

I can't find the info anywhere, not on the Specialized website or in any of the reviews... I'm getting suspicious

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
its 8.5x2.125
which is 216mm e2e, 54mm stroke
they are special size for just "10enduro, however if you know how to tune a shock then you can tune it to this size and stick it on yrs enduro
hope it helps

·
Registered
162 Posts
so here's the question of the day- since the enduro shock is a 8.5x 2.5 with travel reducers, it should be possible to remove the spacers and get about 7.5 inches of travel, i pulled mine off today to see if it would clear and it looks like it should with no problem. I'm thinking of having the push tune with the bit hit kit installed and return the shock to 2.5 inch stroke, hmmmm, I've got some research to do now,lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
nah- I don't need a 37 lb coil sprung monster for my trail bike and I have a DH bike for doing stupid stuff already. I love my enduro the way it is, but if there is potential for gaining a little more bottoming control without changing any other characteristic of the existing ride, why not.

·
Registered
108 Posts
mxracer299- you will need a 8.75x2.5 shock and tune it down to about 8.5x2.2
it should be fine as long as you dont bottom it out too often :]

JCL- Enduro will preety much do what sx can do if not more(apart from heavy landing(ie:360 and land on back wheel @doubles), and when you do tricks then sx is much more controlable) but afterall "10enduro is A LOT lighter than SX!!!!
You want a enduro to do everything, and a SX to replace your jump bike:]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts