Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The wheels should be done by the end of next week (it's a little more involved than a standard build), and *hopefully* I'll have something to show you by the end of next weekend...for now, everything remains in boxes.

I'm glad you all like the garage, it's literally a few 2x4's and a couple of pre-mitred Formica counter tops from the local home center, plus about $30 worth of pegboard. It was less than $200 all together, but one of my favorite spaces in the entire house.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
HTFR said:
Fox is over rated. the new "e" forks are next level.

e160>lyric>36
I disagree. The FIT damping system is by far the best on the market. Much better than Solo Air. The E160 (that Fox manufacture BTW) is a nice and light fork but it dives through its midstroke far too easy IMO. Quite the opposite of the Enduro's leverage rate.

·
Fat Skis/Fat Tires
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Update:

The wheels are still about 2 weeks out, hopefully (but probably not) they'll be done a little sooner. Parts availability on the hubs and a few special touches are holding up the entire process at this point.

I'm not starting the rest of the build until the wheels are done because I don't think I can handle seeing it sit there at 99% completion.

·
RiffRaff
429 Posts
JCL said:
I disagree. The FIT damping system is by far the best on the market. Much better than Solo Air. The E160 (that Fox manufacture BTW) is a nice and light fork but it dives through its midstroke far too easy IMO. Quite the opposite of the Enduro's leverage rate.
The e160 I rode around on was not like that at all it rode "mid-high" in the travel and was fairly progressive. It popped off lips like nothing. The reason I dont like Fox is because they blow through travel. When this happens on steeps it gets scetch real quick. The only solution is to add air or spring and that sucks for every other area of the trail. I will say Iv only riden the FIT in a 40. Rockshox just has the feel I like. Very solid and lots of traction. Every time I veer from RS I end up kicking my self.

I was talking to a guy from specialized about the e160 and that is not a fox product. The damper might be made buy fox but I believe it was designed in house. Dont quote me on that next time I run in to him ill get the deets.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.