Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put in my order for a 2010 Dragon 29er. Can't wait for it to show up. Too bad we just got 14 inches on snow in Iowa. Might be a few days before I can ride it. Will post some pics when it gets here.

·
Leg Shaver
563 Posts
Cool looking bike. thanks for the pics. Paint scheme doesnt look too bad really.

seems like a great combo of components

please post ride reviews. I am interested in the 853

Also; what is the tire clearance in the rear triangle? the 2.2 looks a bit snug in between the chain stays? can you post a pic? do you know if it will fit a 2.4 Ralph?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire clearance pics

Here are a couple of better pics of the rear tire clearance. The 2.2 Geax Saguaro that came on the bike are pretty tight. I'm not sure a 2.4 would fit. As for a ride report, we have about 27 inches of snow on the ground right now in Iowa. I haven't even got to ride my new Dragon yet. Hopefully will get some time on it in the next couple of weeks, but probably won't get to ride it on the trails until spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Ahaa! I have a DiSSent FE coming in the spring to be my 2010 race bike, no worries!

I am actually considering migrating some old (but good) parts from my 26" SS to build up a geared bike, just to put those parts to use since I do not ride the bike anymore. I love my Jamis road bike and this seems like a nice geared specific frame. Either this or a scandium Kona!

·
Registered
326 Posts
he lives in iowa and so do i, youre gonna have to wait until our stupid snow melts aaaand oure trails dry out. im thinking were gonna see more spring flooding this year, looks like he got that ride at kyles bikes in ankeny iowa.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just ordered the frame today.I'm setting mine up as a 1x9.I want to make it my all around trail bike.I'm not sure the American Classics were going to hold up to my 235 pounds and agressive riding. I need to decide on a set of wheels and a fork and I'll be ready to build.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.