Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new build for this year. 140mm front and 130mm. I love the way this thing handles and it can jump and drop very well. This is a completely different bike that the last years frames. What do you all think..:thumbsup: ~26.5lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
are they using a proper bearing in the knucklebox for the shock? i remember people were grinding shock bushings to death on the missions! lots of movement there.

nice to see its 130mm, its a real good looking bike! did they slacken it out for 2010?

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the bike is totally different, there is a huge bushing between the DU bushing and the Knuckle Box, It is really smooth and the hardware is really nice and simple. Can take out bolts and regrease them with out removing the cranks, all non-drive side access.

It is a 100mm stem and a 17" med frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
b-kul said:
db is making some bueatiful bikes these days! seems like an awefull long stem though.
Bike is beautiful, the graphics along the top tube are awesome and I'm glad to see that DB is really stepping back into the game now.

I'm assuming you have a long torso by the setback seat post and the 110 stem?

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Magsrgod said:
Bike is beautiful, the graphics along the top tube are awesome and I'm glad to see that DB is really stepping back into the game now.

I'm assuming you have a long torso by the setback seat post and the 110 stem?
Well I had an 09 Black 19" with a 70 mm stem and it just seemed over time that it was a tad to long. I did love it but the difference is 1/2" between the two sizes TT wise wasn't much. So i went with the 17" this year. 32"inseam and 5'10" I go either way. I usually ride a 19" frames with ~24" TT like the 19" 09 Black; but the 17" with 23.5" TT is so much better for me and I just got lucky and had a layback Thomson laying around because the new frame is running 31.6 post ; it is 100mm stem. Perfect fit and just flies!!

:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Love the bike! But the stem length and setback seatpost just seems like you would be streched out with a 23.5" top tube, If it works for you thats all that matters.

Cheers!

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
veloreality said:
those made in china stickers are a ***** to get off.
looks good.
LOL, yeah. I just didn't feel like getting it all off right now. Waiting for new front derailleur to arrive, bottom swing, then I'll get my thumbnail a workout!

By the way, the frames are made by A-Pro in Taiwain and sent to China to be finished. I just read recently that Tomac's new frames come out of A-Pro among others.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I'm liking the top tube markings, reminds me of a persian rug.

Wish Diamondback UK would get these out instead of the XSL, not that the UK frames are bad or anything, just that these are much prettier.

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, it is 70 degrees, I run a 140mm fork so it is more like 69.5~degrees. Sounds crazy but rides really well. Numbers are just numbers. This bike just screams on DH decents and handles great and climbs really fast.

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TORO1968 said:
Really nice build! I have a lot of respect for Diamondback, especially after reading the article (I think in Bike mag) about all they went through to improve their lineup for this year. :)
Thanks man!! That is a great right up on Diamondback. I think was several months ago but still have the magazine somewhere. It is linked on DB's Blog site a believe.

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made a few mods and really love it. Now it is perfect. 70mm Thomson and an old fizik saddle from back in the day. Really comfy and looks good.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts