Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
UNDEAD
485 Posts
Check over in the Spec forums, I remember seeing some threads from the man himself Jason Chamberlin at Spec that a Vivid was a no go on the 2011 frame...
Ridemonkey has some stuff too...in the DH forum
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238311&page=34

The only one I know of seeing was a early production model for the Spec riders, never went public.
But then there are some pics of some peeps in UK that have done it...so I am curious myself cause I'd love to do it.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
ARider said:
What shock tune are you guys running for this combo?

I have heard that it works killer on this frame. Who has one/tried one and how do you like it?
'

One of shop riders slapped one on his 10 Monster Green Demo. He said he frame just felt way smoother and more balanced than with the RC4. He just ordered up an 11 frame kit, so I guess we're doing the mod to get the Vivid to fit...

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
KillingtonVT said:
'

One of shop riders slapped one on his 10 Monster Green Demo. He said he frame just felt way smoother and more balanced than with the RC4. He just ordered up an 11 frame kit, so I guess we're doing the mod to get the Vivid to fit...
Not to mention he will need a new shock to, 2011 is 9.5" lenght

·
adamant
92 Posts
2011 demo 8 shoke yoke

I have just bought a 2011 demo and have ordered the vivid air shock. Whats this mod to make it fit? This would be a good thing for me to know about now! ha ha

cheers in advance :)
from Specialized you need to get the specific shoke yoke for the Vivid/Vivid Air.

lots of these shocks on 2011-2012 Demo 8s

2011 Specialized Demo 8 - Exclusive! - Pinkbike.com

RockShox Vivid Air Shock - First Look - BikeRadar
"... if you're all you're doing is hammering out runs in a bike park, RockShox will tell you outright that you should be on coils front and rear..."

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah cheers for that review. Makes me want it even more. Servicing an air sleeve isnt exactly hard so im pretty prepared to do that. If servicing my 2 step cartridge on my lyriks every 3 months doesnt get me grumpy dont this this will :D

called a local spesh dealer and said they are not available. Think i might call another one! lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.