Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2010 demo 8 pic

6852 Views 39 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  DHFreak
this might be the 2010 demo 8
found the pic in this link http://www.nsmb.com/team/3040/
it looks sweet but almost he same as the others
See less See more
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
1.5" head tube just like Sam Hill's and the Demo 7.
"Just like Sam Hill's frame - in geometry at least. "

some numbers wouldve been nice...
doubt it's a 2010, there's another article that talks about how it's a special edition for that rider, and some other riders...but yes, it's sam hills frame
pretty sure Hills frame is production for 2010. thats what the little birdies are saying anyway.
Nope, thats not it . I saw Brandon Sloan in Whistler and thats not he bike he was on...
can you describe how does it look like? (does it have 2 rear stays? is the shock still low in the frame?)

thanks!
Does the link not work for you? It looks almost identical (most people familiar with the Demo wouldn't give it a second thought), except that it has different geometry, a 1.5 headtube, the front of the shock is bolted onto the frame itself (not a little carrier) and the seattube is a little bent.
Does it have 150/83mm spacing?
CountryBoy said:
Does it have 150/83mm spacing?
no, i heard its 135 spacing but they tested both, one with 150 and the other with 135
they decided on the 135 cause there was no difference with stiffness or performace so they stuck with 135 cause it was lighter..
kipdrunner said:
Does the link not work for you? It looks almost identical (most people familiar with the Demo wouldn't give it a second thought), except that it has different geometry, a 1.5 headtube, the front of the shock is bolted onto the frame itself (not a little carrier) and the seattube is a little bent.
He was talking about Brandon Sloan's bike, not the one posted in the link. :rolleyes:
"I think I see Blue. He looks glorious!!!!!!!!"
It looks the same as all the other Demo 8's, at least to me. Is it a nice bike? Sure. But I don't see what the big deal is here?
Here's a link that talks about Sam Hills Demo 8 and most likely the one Specialized will build for 2010. In motorcross/supercross the dealers say "A win on Sunday equals sales on Monday". So when Sam keeps winning, DHer are going to want that same bike. Of course we all know it doesn't matter what Sam rides he'll be at the top anyway.

http://www.nsmb.com/2951-sam-hills-demo-8/
enduro06 said:
Here's a link that talks about Sam Hills Demo 8 and most likely the one Specialized will build for 2010. In motorcross/supercross the dealers say "A win on Sunday equals sales on Monday". So when Sam keeps winning, DHer are going to want that same bike. Of course we all know it doesn't matter what Sam rides he'll be at the top anyway.

http://www.nsmb.com/2951-sam-hills-demo-8/
you mean like how he hasn't won a single race this season?
William42 said:
Ha, you beat me to it.

I will go as far to say though, that this is one mean-looking DH bike. I'm not a fan of Specialized but this thing looks pretty hot.

Attachments

See less See more
William42 said:
US Open ring a bell? How about Sea Otter DS?
1soulrider said:
US Open ring a bell? How about Sea Otter DS?
forgot about the open. Since nobody in their right mind buys a DS/4x rig, and the sales probably number in the dozens, sea otter DS not such a big deal, its not like he won on a demo 8.

Either way, who gives a fyck about american racing?
rep_1969 said:
Ha, you beat me to it.

I will go as far to say though, that this is one mean-looking DH bike. I'm not a fan of Specialized but this thing looks pretty hot.
Wow can anyone say raked!!! :eekster: That's gotta be sitting in the 62 degree area!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.