Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
doubt it's a 2010, there's another article that talks about how it's a special edition for that rider, and some other riders...but yes, it's sam hills frame

·
Registered
320 Posts
Does the link not work for you? It looks almost identical (most people familiar with the Demo wouldn't give it a second thought), except that it has different geometry, a 1.5 headtube, the front of the shock is bolted onto the frame itself (not a little carrier) and the seattube is a little bent.

·
Registered
251 Posts
CountryBoy said:
Does it have 150/83mm spacing?
no, i heard its 135 spacing but they tested both, one with 150 and the other with 135
they decided on the 135 cause there was no difference with stiffness or performace so they stuck with 135 cause it was lighter..

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
kipdrunner said:
Does the link not work for you? It looks almost identical (most people familiar with the Demo wouldn't give it a second thought), except that it has different geometry, a 1.5 headtube, the front of the shock is bolted onto the frame itself (not a little carrier) and the seattube is a little bent.
He was talking about Brandon Sloan's bike, not the one posted in the link. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
331 Posts
"I think I see Blue. He looks glorious!!!!!!!!"

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
It looks the same as all the other Demo 8's, at least to me. Is it a nice bike? Sure. But I don't see what the big deal is here?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's a link that talks about Sam Hills Demo 8 and most likely the one Specialized will build for 2010. In motorcross/supercross the dealers say "A win on Sunday equals sales on Monday". So when Sam keeps winning, DHer are going to want that same bike. Of course we all know it doesn't matter what Sam rides he'll be at the top anyway.

http://www.nsmb.com/2951-sam-hills-demo-8/

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
enduro06 said:
Here's a link that talks about Sam Hills Demo 8 and most likely the one Specialized will build for 2010. In motorcross/supercross the dealers say "A win on Sunday equals sales on Monday". So when Sam keeps winning, DHer are going to want that same bike. Of course we all know it doesn't matter what Sam rides he'll be at the top anyway.

http://www.nsmb.com/2951-sam-hills-demo-8/
you mean like how he hasn't won a single race this season?

·
Ricky DH
2,249 Posts
William42 said:
you mean like how he hasn't won a single race this season?
Ha, you beat me to it.

I will go as far to say though, that this is one mean-looking DH bike. I'm not a fan of Specialized but this thing looks pretty hot.

Attachments

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
rep_1969 said:
Ha, you beat me to it.

I will go as far to say though, that this is one mean-looking DH bike. I'm not a fan of Specialized but this thing looks pretty hot.
Wow can anyone say raked!!! :eekster: That's gotta be sitting in the 62 degree area!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts