Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know if the graphics on the 2010 Anodized Deliriums will look similar those of the powder coated frames shown on Knolly's website? Or will they stick with the more conservative look of the Anodized frames that were at interbike? From what I can tell, the difference between the two is the large "Knolly" lettering on the down tube.

I've already got a 2010 Delirium (anodized) on order so clearly this isn't a major issue for me - but I am curious!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I usually end up peeling of decals anyway...

I do hope the ano deliriums at least have the etched Knolly "K" logo on the head tube. I've always thought that looked real good on the older ano frames.

·
Ride Hard. Go Fast.
258 Posts
I think it was a good design decision not to use the logo in white on the black ano frame. There's a couple reasons I believe there's no decals on the down tube.

1. All the colorways went with black decals. Black on black doesn't make much sense.

2. If a white decal were used, it would break up the line of the frame because of the high contrast between black and white.

I actually think it makes the bike look hokey with white contrasty decal... sometimes in design, its the decision to NOT do something that ends up being what makes or breaks a design (conceptually and aesthetically).

see mockup.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.