Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Thanks for the post! I've been waiting patiently to see the 5 new 29er offerings from Cannondale. If I hadn't just recently purchased a 2009 F29 2, I would be saving for a 2010 F29 5!
 

·
I want to ride
Joined
·
149 Posts
Thanks for the post GT
Are you sure about the price for the F29er 1. 2500-3000 for a carbon framed, lightest fork, stans wheels, XO rear and shifters, and elixer carbon brakes. WOW. What a value. That is the 29er to get. Damn, I can't wait.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,423 Posts
pd406 said:
Thanks for the post GT
Are you sure about the price for the F29er 1. 2500-3000 for a carbon framed, lightest fork, stans wheels, XO rear and shifters, and elixer carbon brakes. WOW. What a value. That is the 29er to get. Damn, I can't wait.
I was thinking the same thing.

I am pretty sure that the Flash 29er 1 is not $2500-$3000 because the current (aluminum) 29er is $3000, and it has XT/XTR parts on it. The Flash has a much better wheelset (Dirty Flea to a 240s RH) and most importantly, ITS FULL CARBON. I have heard that the Flash Carbon 29er will be around $3500 (± $100-$200). I think that $500 price difference is extremely fair for the upgrade from the aluminum 29er to the Flash Carbon 29er, and the parts that come on the Flash (especially X.0...I personally don't like Shimano).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Do you have any idea what the weight of the 29" frame will be? And how much will it mean that it is not "hi-mod" besides the price tag?
I am looking forward to ordering one of these wonders. Just saw a picture of me riding my epic s-works xl 2009. Looked like i was riding a BMX with those silly small wheels. I am 200 cm high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
oakman said:
Do you have any idea what the weight of the 29" frame will be? And how much will it mean that it is not "hi-mod" besides the price tag?
I am looking forward to ordering one of these wonders. Just saw a picture of me riding my epic s-works xl 2009. Looked like i was riding a BMX with those silly small wheels. I am 200 cm high.

Usually with Cannondale framesets, it's less expensive to just buy the whole bike, sell the parts you don't want on Ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Thanks. That was also what i was planning to do (seling off the parts). The question about weight was just have a small idea of where i was landing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
dRjOn said:
thats looking quite photshoppy to me....look at the overlap on the chainrings....?
the photos are takin from a pre-production dealer book. The final product will look much nicer.

Notice how in Guitar Teds article he mentions all the corrections to paint and decal and anno bit spec changes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
oakman said:
Thanks. That was also what i was planning to do (seling off the parts). The question about weight was just have a small idea of where i was landing.
The cost will be heavily influenced by the BB30 crankset I think. If the cost associated with the BB30 cranksets can come down, you can easily chop hundreds and hundreds of dollars off the MSRP of a bike. That whole BB30 standard needs to be more widely adopted and less expensive cranksets produced.

Nothing is really inexpensive with a 29er. Even the tires, tubes, rims are more expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
826 Posts
amillmtb said:
Specialized got the new 2010 Hardrock 29er down to $550...
Yeah, but if that were a 26" bike, it would only cost $400.

The Hardrock is a real pig of a bike, hate to say. Heavy and sluggish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
The lineup looks amazing. I cant wait to replace my first generation Cannondale 29er Caffeine with the carbon version.

I really like the singlespeed as well. Considering I have three leftys available to swap, this can save me money and let me explore rigid riding. Any idea on the price of the rigid?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top