Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been a big supporter of Fox over Rock Shox, but I have a feeling that that may soon change. These 2010 Boxxer's are awesome. They have more adjustments than any previous Boxxer and are stiffer and lighter.
Boxxer Race- 6.3 lbs
Boxxer Team- 6.5 lbs
Boxxer World Cup - 5.9 lbs (that's an 8" travel fork!)

Just thought these forks were pretty impressive. I can't wait to use one and I thought that you guys may find it interesting.

Here's a video.....
It's not the best but it's something.
http://www.mtbtrailreview.com/blog/2010-rock-shox-boxxer-world-cup-release/reviews/

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,186 Posts
35mm stanchions! That's only like 5 years behind the rest of the industry. Sweet!

Realistically my reba has been pretty good, if there was a 35mm boxxer already in existence I probably would have tried it rather than my 888 WC to do something different, but you can't pry that fork from my cold dead hands. RS is just way too late.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Jayem said:
RS is just way too late.
so is this post. old news, but good news.

in all honest though, I'm glad that they're changing things on the boxxer. right now, it's a choice between the boxxer and the 40 for me (seeing as I don't trust marzocchi's new product ATM, and would rather buy a new fork). the 40 is out of my budget already, and the boxxer is going to be lighter than a 40 in all iterations.

plus, aside from a superficial seal problem, I've had nothing but good luck and performance from rockshox.

Has anybody happened to get a rough date on when the forks will be publicly available? All I've heard is march sometime, but I'd like to know how long I have to save up money...

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
Jayem said:
35mm stanchions! That's only like 5 years behind the rest of the industry. Sweet!

Realistically my reba has been pretty good, if there was a 35mm boxxer already in existence I probably would have tried it rather than my 888 WC to do something different, but you can't pry that fork from my cold dead hands. RS is just way too late.
Whatever man, they addressed the one qualm I had with the BoXXer, as well as most other users; flex. They maintained the title of lightest dual crown DH fork on the market at 5.9lbs, and up-sized the chassis... That combined with their already better damping, IMO, and even more adjustablity, I think they may have a winner.
You'll see one on my rig next season.

·
Slap happy crappiness
1,090 Posts
rabidweasel999 said:
Ya know, it can be lowered to 178mm. That put it light-years -- no, multiple light-years -- ahead of the competition.
Doesn't your pluralization of "year" in "light years" already imply multiple light years... way to be redundant. :p

·
I gotta pee
335 Posts
Jayem said:

I know this may be hard for you to understand but it's not about size. It's how you use it sugar plum.... The dampning system alone will set a mark higher than any other company for the next few years.. A fork with dual comp, reb, and a bottom out control is far from being "too late." No question i will be running a Boxxer team on my Blinside as soon as its available

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
A dialed and properly buttered up Zocchi for me any day...

If I were going to get any of those I'd go for the Race though. The price difference between the lowest and highest model for <$150 of parts is just comical.

·
Registered
54 Posts
DHidiot said:
If I were going to get any of those I'd go for the Race though. The price difference between the lowest and highest model for <$150 of parts is just comical.
I'm willing to bet that a lot more engineering and testing time went into the World Cup model to make it that light. Just FYI, those guys don't really work for free.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.