Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm soooo close to pulling the trigger on the 2009 Big Mama's (XT builds) currently on sale.

and then I see this:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/big-mama-frame-10-35516

Looks like a new 2010 build?

oooh, shiny :)

Unfortunately my price point still points to the 2009 (I'm guessing) but I thought I'd share the find. I hadn't seen info on the new builds anywhere else.

On a side note, I'm really nervous to order a 2500 dollar bike w/out riding it first. I'm a proportional 6'6" so its hard to find any bikes built up for me to test ride anyhow, but it just seems even sketchier paying for one in full to have it arrive on the doorstep. The local bike shop (The Path in OC) supports but does not carry Salsa. Anyhow, every review I've read is more positive than not, and I need a one bike solution for So Cal.

Decisions!

no worries

·
noob
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chequamagon said:
Hey -

That specification must have been custom built from a frame by our UK distributor.

We offer two specs currently, the full XT with RaceFace cranks and Fox fork and a Sram X9 group with Reba Race and Mavic rims.

Ride and Smile,
Tim, Salsa Cycles
That clears that up, thanks for checking in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.