2010 Bidwell Bump! - Saturday September 18th

Registration 7:00am to 8:30am @ parking lot B

This race is NOT a USA Cycling Race, no license is needed

Price TBD - around $15-$20 per race
XC - Starts at 8:30am @ parking lot B (see map) - mass start -
(Sport, Expert, Pro)
Northrim - Btrail - 10mile House - Guardian - Southrim
approx 12.5 miles

SD - Starts at 2:00pm @ "green gate" off of hwy 32 (see map) - 1 minute intervals - (Expert, Pro)
Guardian - Southrim
approx 5 miles

See link: http://bidwellbump.webs.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gah, I'm going to be out of town that weekend (not that I'd be capable of racing at all, it'd just be fun to watch)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Awesome! Not really in shape to race this year, but for sure next year. I'll definitely be there to watch though...I know exactly what spot I'm going to hang out on for the Super D! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XC Start Time

The XC start time will be at 8:00am to avoid the heat (not 8:30am). Registration will be open at 7:00am.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Other places still say 8:30 start, 8am is no cooler and early for anybody driving from out of town. Who cares about the heat, this is Chico in the summer, run it at 9 or 10 so people driving up don't have to leave at 5am.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The Bump is one of my favorite races. Brings back old times. Chico!

If you don't feel like busting your butt up North Rim, the Super D down South Rim is a really fun trail.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
mtnryder56 said:
The Bump is one of my favorite races. Brings back old times. Chico!

If you don't feel like busting your butt up North Rim, the Super D down South Rim is a really fun trail.
Park @ Disc Golf?
(that's usually where I drop in for shuttle...or is there another parking lot further up?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
highdelll said:
Park @ Disc Golf?
(that's usually where I drop in for shuttle...or is there another parking lot further up?
SD starts at the very beginning of Guardian Trail at Green Gate/10 Mile House Road, not the "South Rim" trail that starts at Disc Golf. Green Gate parking lot is a few miles further up 32 if you haven't done it before

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
boomn said:
SD starts at the very beginning of Guardian Trail at Green Gate/10 Mile House Road, not the "South Rim" trail that starts at Disc Golf. Green Gate parking lot is a few miles further up 32 if you haven't done it before
I've been up near there I guess, but pedaling up 10 mile (rim to rim). - I never saw a large lot.
To drop in to Guardians from Disc Golf, I'd 'back track' east - maybe I'm not that observant? :p

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
highdelll said:
I've been up near there I guess, but pedaling up 10 mile (rim to rim). - I never saw a large lot.
To drop in to Guardians from Disc Golf, I'd 'back track' east - maybe I'm not that observant? :p
the parking lot is on Hwy 32, so its 1/4 mile or so further up 10 Mile from the start of Guardians. It's quite big; you won't miss it if you're driving up 32, although you might feel like you've gone too far before you get there

There's also a small parking lot on Hwy 32 across from Santos Ranch Rd (sp?) that drops down Pine Trail and is full of switchbacky fun-ness

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
boomn said:
the parking lot is on Hwy 32, so its 1/4 mile or so further up 10 Mile from the start of Guardians. It's quite big; you won't miss it if you're driving up 32, although you might feel like you've gone too far before you get there

There's also a small parking lot on Hwy 32 across from Santos Ranch Rd (sp?) that drops down Pine Trail and is full of switchbacky fun-ness
Cool, I already feel like I've missed Disc Golf even though I've been there a hundred times ;)
I've never really been out past 'DG' unless to go snowboarding - We (I) go to play a round and then my non-mtb buds take off and I ride down the valley :thumbsup:
I've never done the santos ranch drop-in tho... a bit further up even?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
highdelll said:
Cool, I already feel like I've missed Disc Golf even though I've been there a hundred times ;)
I've never done the santos ranch drop-in tho... a bit further up even?
Green Gate is the furthest you can start; Santos is between Disc Golf and Green Gate

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
boomn said:
Green Gate is the furthest you can start; Santos is between Disc Golf and Green Gate
Ahh!
had to look at my map again ;)
I think I may have done it (to Pine ...unmarked trail?) - keep east (up in the map) on Humboldt - then drop...
Usually from Disc Golf I took Hobo?, but the climb up 10 mile to Guardian, I never noticed a lot - Oh well

FWIW - I've found different trails, but I never found the one that supposedly drops in from Disc Golf (according to the map)

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
that's why I love maps ;) I've stared at that same map for long periods of time just thinking about different loops to string together.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
boomn said:
that's why I love maps ;) I've stared at that same map for long periods of time just thinking about different loops to string together.
I plan, but I always know - If I deviate, and get 'lost' - "just go down hill" :thumbsup:

·
Butcher
529 Posts
I think I'll ride the bump tomorrow mornin (sat). Probably be at the cross by 7am. Mellow pace. Haven't ridden B trail in a long time.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts