Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got what i thought to be a good deal buying from Jenson...Just wondering, and sorry if this is an ignorant question = It's a 2010 model. I read that in 2010 Fox added the boost valve to the RP23. The Manuals that come with the bike indicate 2009 Fox shock.

Did i get the correct shock with this frame build? If it's a 2010 bike shouldnt it have the newer shock??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and info everyone.

So does anyone know the standard on this? I mean the bike was listed as a 2010, should it not have a 2010 rear shock, or is it up to the bike shop to place whatever year components they like?

The Jenson website lists the shock as the older model, so im SOL with anything legal...but i am dissapointed and mad at myself for not paying more attention. I just looked at the site again last night after reading the other thread listed in this thread that explains the differences.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The response i got from Jenson was that Fox's model year does not necessarily coincide with RMB, that they may get 5 bikes in a single order and 4 may be the same and the 5th may have different components. Basically saying it is not up to them.

It would make more sense to me had i placed the order closer to the beginning of the Model year as opposed to the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.