Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jonee loves...
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if shimano is coming out with a new crankset for 2009?

·
Super Moderator
20,806 Posts
nope.... no new 09 xtr stuff AFAIK...it's been only 2 years since the release of 970...shimano takes longer than that to release new gruppos

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Mbr magazine reckons there will be a new XTR gruppo announced by the early part of next year for 2010. They also speculated that a few of the things used in the new Dura-ace gruppo like electric shifting, carbon reinforced rims etc. would make their way onto XTR. Mbr’s reviews maybe jokes but their speculation tends to come true…:thumbsup:

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
greyhorse said:
Wasn't there some talk of redesigned brake levers for XT/XTR? Something about improved ergonomics?
Many people speculated that XTR would follow XT into Servowave brake levers but there hasn't been a huge outcry from racers who need more braking power with less effort. Brakes just slow you down.

·
Registered
306 Posts
people always like to call them 2008 XTR crank etc to sound newer i think.
people call them 2008 XTR because its made in 2008. but its 2007's design.

·
Registered
306 Posts
EGF168 said:
Mbr magazine reckons there will be a new XTR gruppo announced by the early part of next year for 2010. They also speculated that a few of the things used in the new Dura-ace gruppo like electric shifting, carbon reinforced rims etc. would make their way onto XTR. Mbr’s reviews maybe jokes but their speculation tends to come true…:thumbsup:

i think electric shifting is no use. mud, water everything gets in and spoil?
and not much people would want a carbon rim.

·
Registered
115 Posts
rockyuphill said:
Many people speculated that XTR would follow XT into Servowave brake levers but there hasn't been a huge outcry from racers who need more braking power with less effort. Brakes just slow you down.
I was taking a look at the Yumeya website and noticed the new reservoir cover is for BL-M975/975A. Doing a google search it looks like they are coming out with a new lever with improved ergonomics.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCM?PAGE=WHATS_NEW&WHATS_NEW.ID=194

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
ivantcs said:
i think electric shifting is no use. mud, water everything gets in and spoil?
and not much people would want a carbon rim.
If they sealed it properly then I think the only problem would be the batteries running out, their electric road gruppo has recently got a couple of rave reviews. In any case I agree with you and I doubt they would roll out an entirely electric XTR, if they did it they would probably have both electric and cable to suite everyone.

Again I think it would be stupid to sell only carbon rims so they would probably keep the scandium rims and have carbon as a top end option, DT Swiss already has carbon rims and so do several others so it’s a worthy market for Shimano to get into.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
First lets moan on thier heads to get a Suspension fork with Showa Internals to market.
They've stopped answering my emails over this...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
When will they ever come with a 15QR version of the XTR wheelset? Mavic has released 15QR/9mm and even a 20mm TA version of SLR, so what's Shimano waiting for? :confused: :madman:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Black RONIN said:
When will they ever come with a 15QR version of the XTR wheelset? Mavic has released 15QR/9mm and even a 20mm TA version of SLR, so what's Shimano waiting for? :confused: :madman:

maybe the've realized
that its actually HEAVIER AND FLEXIER than maxle light?

or maybe they got attacked by godzilla again.

but about the electric shifting, i will never use it, were talking about mtn biking people, i feel stupid enough having a CX bike with a computer on it, that takes away from the naturalness enough,next theyll do power steering for bikes. i want a bike,not a human powered motorcycle. jeez.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,968 Posts
Hmmm...I tried the eDura Ace. If they get XTR to shift like THAT, it might be worth it if it became affordable. The shifting was simply incredible. It is something that needs to be tried.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ivantcs said:
people always like to call them 2008 XTR crank etc to sound newer i think.
people call them 2008 XTR because its made in 2008. but its 2007's design.
I think there were differences according to the groupset images that shimano update from time to time:

Can you spot the differences? :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
There are no differences for 2009 XTR so far. A lot was said, but nothing turned out to be true. The only change is that Shimano no longer produces the brakeset with the IS front caliper, only PM now. The Shadow RD was introduced last year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts