Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I can get either a 2009 Trek 6700 or a 2007 Trek Fuel Ex 8 for about the same price - what do you guys think is the best bet?

I can't decide between hardtail and FS, but are these comparable at all? Both are $800....

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Me personally, I would take the 2007 Fuel EX8 (brand new, leftover right?)

Some will tell you rightfully that a hardtail is a better beginner bike due to less complexity, easier maintenance, and it's more unforgiving nature which "forces" better riding form... And they would all be right.

However, the root laden, rocky edged and whooped out high speed trails I frequent are simply no fun when you're chattering and klanking along.

Conclusion: Look at your trails, be honest about the type of riding you plan to do. Talk to some of the employees/ riders at your local shop for opinions on the hot setups for the trails in your area.

·
Have Cake and beat it 2
291 Posts
FS for the win. easier on the back and butt. good for riding for longer into the future, ie ten years from now your body will love you for it.
plus you have an option to put it into a lockout type mode if you want the more ht experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.