Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if there is any changes to the 2009 stumpy frames and shocks?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wish they'd change the whole bike back to the 07 frame and stick with Fox shock and fork. I'm sure the 09's will be sporting some type of Specialized front fork. They will probably keep the same ugly frame as the 08's though. With the same ugly decals and colors. And who knows about the rear shock. I am alone in not liking the look of the new Stumpys? Not only are most of the colors ugly but the whole frame is just awkward looking IMO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree the 2008 Stumpjumpers colors are ugly. The exception is the S-works IMO. I saw a carbon Pro today that wasnt bad either, but the "army" color on the alloy Pro model is too weird for me.
Hopefully the 2009's have a simpler paint scheme......how about a nice black anodize with minimal graphics like the 2006's ?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
rockdhop said:
linga,so you prefer the rp23 rather than triad with brain?....;)
yep. i figured go simple. did some research and decided on the RP23 in the end. if it doesnt come with it then ill probably get one custom fitted. which will be a crap load more:madman:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Linga115 said:
yep. i figured go simple. did some research and decided on the RP23 in the end. if it doesnt come with it then ill probably get one custom fitted. which will be a crap load more:madman:
welcome aboard onto the fox's world...haha..........

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Well, I like 'em, and I like mine - "ugly" paint and all

I would expect for 09 for more of the line to have the specialized fork, as opposed to 3rd party stuff. And I wouldn't hold my breath for single-color paint schemes either. They've done that recently, and all the other lines feature some decent, relatively subdued graphics this year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love my 08

I think the expert and compls are sweet looking bikes in the silver or ti color. However, I have seen the blue and white comp and think it is an abomination upon the eyes.

Who cares how the frame tubes look??? I care about how the bike rides and the new SJ are sweet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey bad

Thanks, you are the only one that has replied to my question.

I was no asking for a b?tch fest about the stumpy, just if anyone new if there were any changes to the 09 frames and suspension:madman:

·
Registered
232 Posts
[QUOTE

I was no asking for a b?tch fest about the stumpy, just if anyone new if there were any changes to the 09 frames and suspension:madman:[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. Sorry for my digression......guess im just frustrated because I like the older graphics better, plus I had a few beers in me when I replied last night.
I'm wondering the same thing about changes to the suspension or frame design. I would imagine not much would change this year because of the big changes last year. Maybe we'll see a Specialized fork on the less expensive models.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
They actually look pretty nice.

·
(not that fast)
954 Posts
plan on dropping some more cash if you get that beautiful white one... there is no way you could resist getting white wheels/spokes for that baby.

·
Banned
473 Posts
I've got an 08 Pro frameset in black. By far the best looking of the bunch, but Specialized red would be sweet! If they don't with a red frameset I'll strip mine down and have it painted red...to match my truck.
The blue on the Comp I think, is a pretty sweet color with the white fork, bar and saddle. Would look even better with a set of those new white DT Swiss XR4.2d rims!
As for the Specialized rear shock...guess what...it's manufactured by the same company and in the same building as FOX.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts