Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any details on the 2009 Specialized 29er HTs? With product launches coming up soon, has any info been leaked?

I really like the frame only color of SJ HT 29er (Ti w/ black accents), the regular frame color (black with blue accents) is ok. Was wondering what the 2009 paint schemes will be, but may not like the price tags. Was also looking at a GF Paragon (similar bike), but baby boy blues isn't a favorite of mine either.

·
bikerpilot
561 Posts
No leaks that I've heard or seen about the 29ers. CN did have a piece about the new carbon Epics and Eras, as well as the new carbon S-Works Stumpjumper Hardtail. Perhaps we will see a carbon 29er for XC racing this year? That would be nice!!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
bleu22 said:
2009 rockhopper comp 29.

http://thebicycleescape.blogspot.com/2008/05/spcialized-2009-rockhopper-29er.html

i just want to know what msrp will be. i read somewhere on here that the 26" rockhopper comp has dropped from $940 to $770.
Hmm, I just replied about this article in the 29er forum, and your comment about MSRP possibly sheds a bit of light on my question.

The Comp 29 shown in that article is actually a downgrade of the current Comp 29. RS Tora -> RS Dart. Based on that change alone I would say the new Comp 29 is actually equal to the current non-Comp model.

That would explain why a rumour that the 26" Rockhopper Comp MSRP is dropping for 2009 when every other company (not just bikes) is having to raise prices because of the economy: they could be shifting the names around so that the same model name for '09 is actually a downgrade from the 08

·
Registered
11 Posts
i went to a bike shop right after this post and then posted right when i got back. i think that might have been my post you read.

anyway, it's pretty weak to me. there are no real upgrades or downgrades with rockhoppers this year, only name changes, which in turn makes it look like prices have dropped. the owner of the shop there is actually a 10% price increase on all the bikes. which is why the 08 rockhopper disc (now the 09 rockhopper comp disc) has gone from $700 to $770.

make people feel like they're getting a huge discount when in actuality you've charged them 10% more for basically a new paint job.

all that said, i'm still buying specialized, but the owner of my local shop is searching for an 08 rather than an 09 (rockhopper comp disc)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
bleu22 said:
i went to a bike shop right after this post and then posted right when i got back. i think that might have been my post you read.

anyway, it's pretty weak to me. there are no real upgrades or downgrades with rockhoppers this year, only name changes, which in turn makes it look like prices have dropped. the owner of the shop there is actually a 10% price increase on all the bikes. which is why the 08 rockhopper disc (now the 09 rockhopper comp disc) has gone from $700 to $770.

make people feel like they're getting a huge discount when in actuality you've charged them 10% more for basically a new paint job.

all that said, i'm still buying specialized, but the owner of my local shop is searching for an 08 rather than an 09 (rockhopper comp disc)
My suspicions are confirmed. Do you know if they are eliminating some of the non-disc models. That might explain some name shifting

·
Registered
11 Posts
boomn said:
My suspicions are confirmed. Do you know if they are eliminating some of the non-disc models. That might explain some name shifting
he didn't say anything about that. i was just there to pick up my wife's 08 RH comp disc and i was inquiring about the 09 RH 29ers. i asked if he knew the msrp and he said to expect a 10% price increase. we sat down at his computer and he showed me the 09's vs. 08's. i can't say i know too much more.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
bleu22 said:
he didn't say anything about that. i was just there to pick up my wife's 08 RH comp disc and i was inquiring about the 09 RH 29ers. i asked if he knew the msrp and he said to expect a 10% price increase. we sat down at his computer and he showed me the 09's vs. 08's. i can't say i know too much more.
I was just speculating. I should have qualified that, because I don't want to start rumours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.