Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
does anyone else find they're all starting to look like Norco's now? I think Specialized's designers have been spending too much time in Whistler and North Van....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dear JakeWake - People don't like change ...

Loving the look of the SXT and the more I look at the Big Hit the more I like it!

I really don't see what all the fuss is about - lower COG, better standover, by all accounts a drop in weight - hydroformed swoopy tubes are here to stay, at least for the next wee while - get used to it.

And, copying of Norco??? Come on! Now they are ugly :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nighthawk said:
When will the 2009 models drop?
Try checking with your LBS. I just picked up a 2009 Hardrock Sport yesterday. One of the dealers told me they had just come in last week. I'm assuming the rest of the 2009 line will follow suit :D
The dealer also told me Specialized are looking to increase retail prices by 15% (I think) for every 2009 model. Luckily, he misquoted the price to me last week so I was able to get my HR stock for $419 vs my LBS' new selling price of $450

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
bettermanNZ said:
Dear JakeWake - People don't like change ...

Loving the look of the SXT and the more I look at the Big Hit the more I like it!

I really don't see what all the fuss is about - lower COG, better standover, by all accounts a drop in weight - hydroformed swoopy tubes are here to stay, at least for the next wee while - get used to it.

And, copying of Norco??? Come on! Now they are ugly :p
Couldn't agree with you more.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My local Spez rep just confirmed that all 09 epics will be carbon.That is going to cut out a huge proportion of the market because of price.I wonder what the starting price of the base epic is going to be.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
My local Spez rep just confirmed that all 09 epics will be carbon.That is going to cut out a huge proportion of the market because of price.I wonder what the starting price of the base epic is going to be.
I predict the cheapest Epic is going to be around $3000 :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
chillie said:
Interesting, there are pics of aluminum epics on this site:

http://www.mtbs.cz/Biketech/Technews/Specialized_Epic_2009_technews.html

Look towards the bottom there are several that appear to be painted, welded Al frames.

·
Registered
253 Posts
bikefoolery said:
Interesting, there are pics of aluminum epics on this site:

http://www.mtbs.cz/Biketech/Technews/Specialized_Epic_2009_technews.html

Look towards the bottom there are several that appear to be painted, welded Al frames.
Nice. These are the first ics I have seen of the other non s-works models. Marathon and Expert both look good. I notice that the marathon comes with Spec forks and the Expert comes with RockShox.

I notice there a both Expers and Comps in Alu on there :confused:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.