Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, iv'e been looking at the new bikes from spesh and i was wondering if anyone has, or has ridden one. i haven't been able to find many reviews on the 09 big hit and was just wondering if anyone can comment on them, or point me in the direction of some good reviews(yes i have googled it btw).

...thanks...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yes yes get one. All the bolts and mounting hardware can be easily found at a hardware store with grade 8 hardware (ie-its very cheap and easy to find replacement hardware for this bike). The reason why these bikes feel so short in the cockpit is due to the 38mm stem that comes stock on the bike... but a traditional 50-60mm stem and you'll feel very much at home. The rear end on these guys feels very nice, a deep and plush feeling that the older big hit just didn't have. It is also much more flickable and pedalable, I've seen these guys go on 30 mile epic xc rides. While you might not necessarily enjoy it, if you've got the legs this bike WILL go where you want it to. I haven't had too much time on this bike personally but quite a lot of people I know have tested and/or bought these bikes and I have nothing but thumbs ups from all of them.

Bottom line, if you're on somewhat of a budget, and you want a dh/fr bike that is incredibly capable and fun and ridiculously easy to service, then buy this bike. I've got three words "Fah-Bu-Lus" and I'm done.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow nice, thanks much, i'm glad to hear such good things about this bike, especially because i am on a bit of a budget too. just more a reason to seriously consider this bike. random question tho do you have this bike? and if so do you think you can post some pics?

...Thanks...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm happily on an old demo 7 and have neither the want, desire, nor money to change rigs anytime soon. But with that said, I have ridden the new big hit a couple times and really have no complaints about it. I do a lot of road riding so I've got a relatively decent level of fitness and I haven't had any problems with pedaling this bike uphill, and it really is an absolute blast on descents. A few of the guys I ride with have them built up in various ways and really enjoy them. They're just as good with the Domain on the front as they are with a 8 inch Fox 40. Just all around fun bikes that can be ridden in a variety of situations. I wish I had more info for you but I'd buy one... definately try to get in a test ride beforehand, but ultimately you wont be disappointed at all with this bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.