Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Sid Team and I've tried two front wheels, neither is centered in the fork when looking at the tire through the arch.

I also have a 2009 Sid Race (broken, Team was a warranty) and when I put a wheel in, it looks off center.

I have a 2008 Recon, and the front wheel is perfectly centered.

Tires are properly seated, wheels are true.

Look at you 2009 Sid, and tell me what you see. Thanks!

·
I like to ride my bike.
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. The smaller gap is always on the disc (non drive) side, and I can get my index finger into the gap (tire to arch) on the drive side, but not so much on the non drive.

·
Registered
386 Posts
RideFaster said:
I called, it is a known issue. There was a casting problem in early runs of the fork. Just call and they will be helpful in getting out new lowers.
Really? That stinks...I just called and they said there shouldnt be a gap like that too. :mad:

·
Registered
520 Posts
My new build has a X-Fusion Velvet fork and it is the same. The wheel sits more towards the disc side. It's driving me nuts also. I know the dish of the wheel is correctly centered. I can ride straight with no hands also. I didn't think this high tech expensive as Hell stuff was prone to such errors but I guess I've been fooled. Looks like I may have to take a file to the fork dropouts and make it right myself.

·
MTBR Member
3,008 Posts
I guess I'll be making that call today as well. Always noticed it, but didn't think much of it. Anyone else have any tire rub? I have a nice rubber mark on the inside of the arch from tooling around one day on the bike.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
No tire rub marks on mine, but it's only sitting about 5mm off. I called Rock Shox and they're sending me new lowers. With the Dual Air assembly they're also warrantying, they have replaced fully half my brand new fork!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Since my fork needed not only the new lowers and the new Dual Air assembly, Rock Shox is simply shipping me a new fork. I'm ok with this, even though it's annoying to have to move my Black Box rebound damper over to the new one.

·
Registered
634 Posts
What happened to your dual air assembly?
It really sucks that they allow these forks to be sold online but will only warranty through a shop. I bought mine from a shop that then went out of business, so now I need to hassle another shop I didn't buy the fork from.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Essentially my negative air chamber was acting like it's volume had been greatly reduced, causing a whole load of different problem. The problem persisted after several rebuilds, and magically resolved itself a couple days ago.

This is my first RS fork after doing Fox exclusively for about 5 years. It looks like the new RS is still quite a bit like the old RS.

It's been very annoying having to keep going through a shop to get these warranty parts, especially since I do all the work myself, and do the work better than any shop could. It really makes me appreciate how Fox was always willing to deal directly with the customer and to sell parts.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.