Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be the same as the previous years. They are going to push the Revelation and kill off the Pike. Got the word from the tech dept at SRAM. He was very forthcoming.

Makes no sense to have a new Pike when the Revelation and Lyrik can be made to work for almost any build. Doesn't appear to be a newly named fork in that mix either.

·
Registered
693 Posts
nuclear_powered said:
Well, it sounds like the new Rev will essentially be the same as the Pike but lighter (in maxle and crown).

So really, you're not loosing the Pike, it's just getting a name change.
Thats the problem. Pike sounds wayyyyyy cooler:p

I say bring on stiffer, longer, lighter. Keep the name though.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I thought RS would revamp the Pike and push it to full and round 6-inches and give it the Maxle Light treatment. That would have made sense since now there is a new 150mm TALAS in the new 15QR standard and a lot of light 5.5-6 inches TA forks around, from Magura to DT. I don't know, but RS is really missing this and they will for sure regret dropping the Pike off when it could be an even more excelent fork than it already is. Shame... :madman:

·
customized
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The funny thing for my riding and bike is that although I totally dig the Lyrik, it is too much fork for my current ride at 160mm. My bike likes a 529 AC at 68.5 deg and the Lyrik pushes it too slack to climb seriously steep trails. A pike is just too short for my liking.

A 150mm super pike would be perfect.

I am intrigued by the Fox 150mm fork but not so into the 15mm hub standard.

I'll just stick with my zokes... kinda cool to ride something that everyone else seems to dislike. 10+ zoke forks over the years, no issues ever. Hope 2009 is a better year for them.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Don't get too excited about the 150mm TALAS. The height difference between that and the Pike is only ~ 3mm so it will buy you nothing but a bit more travel in front. A 140-150 travel fork with a max height of around 525-535mm will get you the geometry you want.

I'm in the same boat. I wonder what the Pace/DT Swiss 150 fork's A-C is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.