Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Setting here looking out at rain and snow, let's get the wish list going for rides to be completed next season. Most of my wants are high country stuff that we either suffered through in 08 or did not make it all the way. Endurance riders: add on.:)

Klone Peak
Full Nason Ridge
Other Entiat stuff
Chiwawa-to Mad lake and back
Batchelor to Bend
Muller
Cross Olympics-need to talk to the superintendant
Dugeness-Gold
Lower Quilicene-modified
Olympic discovery
Help lay out XC trails at Stevens
 

·
Slothful dirt hippie
Joined
·
2,900 Posts
I still just want to do Icicle ridge. Never got a chance to do more than a 3 hour ride all season, so didn't feel like I had enough juice in the batteries to attempt it.

If anyone wants to help me get my work/family/life/training fiasco solved AND perpetual bliss in the bargan...Well, you've got the power inside you right now. So use it. And send $1000 to Happy Verslo, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. Don't delay; eternal happiness is just $1000 away!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
To do:
More Galby
More Anacortes
Moran State Park
Capitol Forest
Gibbs/Andersen
Green Mountain
Banner
Sawyer
Tapeworm
Tiger Mountain
Dash Point State Park
South Fork Skokomish
Rieter Pit
Tokuls
Griffin
Tolt
Greenwater
Teanaway
Cooper River
Middle Fork Snoqualmie
Funny Rocks
Devils Gulch/Mission Ridge
Taenum
Little Bald
Ravens Roost
Highrock/Osborne
Juniper
Hamilton Peak
Syncline
Plains/Ape
Newberry Caldera
Umpqua
Siouxon
Humptulips
Gold/Dungeness
Dry Hill
Nason
Chick Loop
Pyramid
North Fk. Entiat
Angels
Starvation
Cutthroat
Cedar Creek
Kettle Crest

And a couple of explores mixed in

That should keep me busy for the year....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
Not epic, but

Been here a year now, got a few under my belt, but ready to explore.
Galby
Capital Forest
Skookum Flats
CTC
Tiger Mountain
Banner Forest
Finally clear that freaking tapeworm
and get the guts to do the three drops on the south side of tapeworm (to the right of the little jump section there)

Thanks to Colonnade I might be able to build the skills this winter to do that!
 

·
Moist and Delicious
Joined
·
555 Posts
Rock Climber said:
Been here a year now, got a few under my belt, but ready to explore.
Galby
Capital Forest
Skookum Flats
CTC
Tiger Mountain
Banner Forest
Finally clear that freaking tapeworm
and get the guts to do the three drops on the south side of tapeworm (to the right of the little jump section there)

Thanks to Colonnade I might be able to build the skills this winter to do that!
CTC isn't epic? :eekster:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Rides that I still need to do:

Gold Hill
Lost Creek
Hells Canyon
Liberty Lake
Grassy Top
a bunch of ones in Rossland/Nelson


Rides I will do again:

Beacon (probably over 200 times)
Riverside/Palisades
Mt Spokane
The Rollercoaster
Five Mile
Tower Mtn
Caribou Ridge
Bernard Peak
Post Canyon
Kettle Crest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,448 Posts
Wynoochee Lake trail?

Not even close to an epic but if you are in the area it's only 12 or 15 miles around the lake but pretty fun buff and twisty single track. The last time I was up there was about 3 years ago and the trail was in pretty crummy shape. Anybody know what condition it's in now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
Wynoochee Lake trail?

Not even close to an epic but if you are in the area it's only 12 or 15 miles around the lake but pretty fun buff and twisty single track. The last time I was up there was about 3 years ago and the trail was in pretty crummy shape. Anybody know what condition it's in now?
Nope but i was thinking of making a big epic out of tying that trail with South Fork Skokomish..... Wouldn't that be fun.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,448 Posts
Skookum said:
Nope but i was thinking of making a big epic out of tying that trail with South Fork Skokomish..... Wouldn't that be fun.:)
That would be pretty cool. I've ridden both but wouldn't have a clue how to tie them together. You may want to do some recon on the Wynoochee Lake trail before hand. When we were up there 3 years ago there were spots that were pretty much impassable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,746 Posts
All the local usuals, and..

Hoping to get out to different places I have not been to yet this next year.

Long weekends:
Rossland
Tri Cities/Blue Mountains
Gifford Pinchot
Syncline/Post/Hood River
N. Umpqua/Oakridge

Lot's o camping/riding with the family in the 'way too because it's close and never boring.

Whatever else can get in there will be the icing. Really planning for at least 2 trips to Fromme. Love that mountain.
 

·
Justin Vander Pol
Joined
·
1,678 Posts
I've got the building bug this year more than the riding itch. Duthie, Paradise, hopefully Olallie, and maybe some maintenance out at Tokul West for good winter riding.

As far as riding - I don't care, as long as I do a lot of it. I might try and explore more rides within a 90 minute drive of Seattle. Miller, Esmerelda, Teanaway - get to know that area and put together loops with high fun-factor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,746 Posts
Yeah, building/maintaining will definately be high on the list which will make those myriad of long weekends away rather tough.

IMHO you can't go wrong with the T'way basin. There's a summer's worth of good ride combos right there. One of the best rides ever was a July Esmeralda one in 2006 when the water at Gallagher Head Lake was warm and we mid-ride swam for over an hour before the DeRoux descent to the cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,448 Posts
Borneo said:
Hoping to get out to different places I have not been to yet this next year.

Long weekends:
Rossland
Tri Cities/Blue Mountains
Gifford Pinchot
Syncline/Post/Hood River
N. Umpqua/Oakridge

Lot's o camping/riding with the family in the 'way too because it's close and never boring.

Whatever else can get in there will be the icing. Really planning for at least 2 trips to Fromme. Love that mountain.
I highly recomend making a trip to Rossland if you haven't yet. A group of us went up last summer, spent 3 days riding.

Day 1 spent riding the stuff around town.

Day 2 7 Summits trail.

Day 3 Shuttled Oasis and Whiskey a couple times and then hit some more in town trails.

We stayed at the Red Barn Lodge, dirt cheap and very nice people.

And if you need a tour guide for the Syncline area let me know. I've got a loop/figure 8 that pretty much hits every supper sweet climb and downhill that Syncline has to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Skookum said:
To do:
More Galby
More Anacortes
Moran State Park
Capitol Forest
Gibbs/Andersen
Green Mountain
Banner
Sawyer
Tapeworm
Tiger Mountain
Dash Point State Park
South Fork Skokomish
Rieter Pit
Tokuls
Griffin
Tolt
Greenwater
Teanaway
Cooper River
Middle Fork Snoqualmie
Funny Rocks
Devils Gulch/Mission Ridge
Taenum
Little Bald
Ravens Roost
Highrock/Osborne
Juniper
Hamilton Peak
Syncline
Plains/Ape
Newberry Caldera
Umpqua
Siouxon
Humptulips
Gold/Dungeness
Dry Hill
Nason
Chick Loop
Pyramid
North Fk. Entiat
Angels
Starvation
Cutthroat
Cedar Creek
Kettle Crest

And a couple of explores mixed in

That should keep me busy for the year....
Thats a big wish list for a guy with one hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,729 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
And if you need a tour guide for the Syncline area let me know. I've got a loop/figure 8 that pretty much hits every supper sweet climb and downhill that Syncline has to offer.
How are the trails lookin in February? How do you feel about setting up a group ride?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,746 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
I highly recomend making a trip to Rossland if you haven't yet.

And if you need a tour guide for the Syncline area let me know. I've got a loop/figure 8 that pretty much hits every supper sweet climb and downhill that Syncline has to offer.
Nelson gets more than it's fair share of good press. So, it's on the list for sure. Just wish it wasn't so far away.

Yeah, at minimum I may hit you up for a route suggestion. It's silly that I've been riding around here so much for so long and never have ridden the Hood River stuff. So, a spring trip is definately in order. My guess is that area melts out in April-May or so.

Heading out now to see how well the 2.5 Contis stick to frozen woodwork covered with 3" of light fluffy stuff. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,448 Posts
Borneo said:
Yeah, at minimum I may hit you up for a route suggestion. It's silly that I've been riding around here so much for so long and never have ridden the Hood River stuff. So, a spring trip is definately in order. My guess is that area melts out in April-May or so.
Yep, April or May is when it starts getting good again.

Skookum said:
How are the trails lookin in February? How do you feel about setting up a group ride?
I'm not sure how the trails are in February, I typically put the bikes away in the winter and bring out the skis but I understand people do ride the Synclinre all winter.

I'd be more than happy to lead a group around there next spring or summer.
 

·
m0un#a!n 8ik3r
Joined
·
251 Posts
OldHouseMan said:
That would be pretty cool. I've ridden both but wouldn't have a clue how to tie them together. You may want to do some recon on the Wynoochee Lake trail before hand. When we were up there 3 years ago there were spots that were pretty much impassable.
Same here.. in summer '05, a few of us rode about 4 miles of the Wynoochee Lk trail (west side of lake) and...

oh wait did I say "rode"?? I meant to say:
"rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ... rode bikes ... carried bikes ..." :eek: :madman:

Eventually bailed after finding an overgrown spur road to get us to the main road.

Wish that trail got more maintenance, would be fun to do the whole thing. I like me them Olympic Peninsula trails. Still want to go back and finish Humptulips, only done about 1/3 of it... partially cause of similar reasons but mostly just due to other factors, time constraints; cuz it wasn't nearly as overgrown and log-strewn (summer '06, at least) as the WLT.

For other stuff I wanna do next summer, see NN's list, Skook's list, etc :)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top