Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to build up a 2009 Remedy 7 just the way I wanted it. What do y'all think? See ya on the trails! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
aside from the cranks, looks pretty sick *insert played out "get xt cranks" reference here*

But no seriously, I just bent a set of those cranks in the 83mm varietal today, they're not as light or as stiff as my xt cranks, and now they're broken too.

But looks sick, and the cranks lasted me a year, so I can't b1tch about them TOO much

·
Registered
130 Posts
nice bike.

i did the same thing, bought the R7, replaced the parts I wanted, and am loving it.

i upgraded the fork (TALAS 36), SLX cranks (double with bash), Nevegals UST, and Formula brakes. Not as light as the R9, but I'm $1500 less into it and it's solid.

btw, i'm really surprised by how good the SLX stuff feels.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
deck said:
nice bike.

i did the same thing, bought the R7, replaced the parts I wanted, and am loving it.

i upgraded the fork (TALAS 36), SLX cranks (double with bash), Nevegals UST, and Formula brakes. Not as light as the R9, but I'm $1500 less into it and it's solid.

btw, i'm really surprised by how good the SLX stuff feels.

Could you tell a difference in handling with the new fork? I assume your new Fox Talas doesn't have the E2 steerer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
catmanz440 said:
Could you tell a difference in handling with the new fork? I assume your new Fox Talas doesn't have the E2 steerer.
Yeah, it's the Talas from the R9, so E2 with the black lowers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
deck said:
Yeah, it's the Talas from the R9, so E2 with the black lowers.
Hi Deck-

I was wondering how you like that adjustable seatpost? I had a Crank Bros Joplin R on my last bike and it was awesome! I want more drop though, and your dropper looks great. Those are 9" right? I know I have seen them before, but can't remember where. Would you purchase it again?

Also, where did you get your E2 Talas from? I might want to look into one of those too. I'm just concerned there won't be an ebay market for the stock Lyric E2 though.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hardrocker77 said:
Those wheels are sick did they come on the bike? If not i gots to get some, they are sick.
Nope, not stock wheels. They are the new 2009 Mavic Crossmax SX wheels. Super lightweight, UST ready, and quick engagement. Worth the $$.

·
Registered
130 Posts
catmanz440 said:
Hi Deck-

I was wondering how you like that adjustable seatpost? I had a Crank Bros Joplin R on my last bike and it was awesome! I want more drop though, and your dropper looks great. Those are 9" right? I know I have seen them before, but can't remember where. Would you purchase it again?

Also, where did you get your E2 Talas from? I might want to look into one of those too. I'm just concerned there won't be an ebay market for the stock Lyric E2 though.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
I like the RASE seatpost, but it's my first adjustable so I don't have much to compare it to. I guess my complaints are the small level (so it takes some getting use to), and about a mm of play (don't notice it seated). A lot of people have said they don't need the 9" (insert joke), but I love it. Fully extended on the long fireroads, fully dropped for the gnarly stuff. You can also adjust how much it travels. I like the simplicity of the spring actuated, having seen plenty of my buddies with Joplin oil puddles under their rides. We'll see...

Got the E2 Talas from Trek, the one component my LBS would not swap for me. And no there's doesn't seem to be much of a market for E2 Lyriks (need an extra? :) )

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like a Gravity Light Crankset which retails for close to $300; same crankset that Sam Hill won several DH titles. Very comparable to XT. I wouldn't consider it cheap; I have the same crankset on my 09 Nomad.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like a Gravity Light Crankset which retails for close to $300; same crankset that Sam Hill won several DH titles. Very comparable to XT. I wouldn't consider it cheap; I have the same crankset on my 09 Nomad.

·
Seeeriously easy Livin
1,863 Posts
Now if only trek would sell these as a frame only at a reasonable price.
you both have very sweet builds

1 - 19 of 19 Posts