Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm pretty familiar with them. I used to sell Motobecanes at a bike store some years ago. They're fine. Nothing sexy or extravagant, but there's nothing wrong with them either. Just a pretty basic aluminum Taiwan frame, which is about what you'd get from any of the larger manufacturers at a lower price point.

The only thing about the Outcast is the lack of disk brake capability. Other than that you could build yourself a pretty light reasonably priced bike if you set your mind to it. I've thought about doing the same thing myself.

·
Frt Range, CO
2,576 Posts
I built up my commuter IGH on the old outcast29 frame with horizontal dropouts and v-brake bosses. If you compare the geometry to other bikes, it's a very standard hardtail frame, the 19" weighs 4.6lbs and the EFF is 24". If you don't mind the uglyist horizontal sliders I've every seen, go for it. Otherwise have a look at the Misfit diSSent or Soul Dillinger. Another option for cheap is the Bianchi Rita, Milwakee Cycles has 'em on ebay for $245. Only weighs 3.5lbs for a 19.5", too light for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.