Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
eliflap said:
Dan do you think can be a difference ? for me not.

sure, there is not only weight loss , the negative spring is out and the Solo air is in...

but a rider can feel it ?
I think I'm with you on this eliflap, the original SL works very good for me. I have this idea that everything can be improved, but is it worth it? It has to be the best fork of all time if it's better IMO.

Just keep the weight savings on the side for now, I'd like to hear how it feels compared to a regular SL.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my boss rides a rush with the 08 lefty sl and if i compare it to mine it feels similar, but mine feels stiffer and more responsive, with similar air pressure, @ 130 psi. I ride technical single track with lots of roots and rocks on the east coast, NY area. I raced his bike last year once and almost decided to get a rush but prefer the scalpel because of its responsiveness and light weight.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think jiar is right about the two bikes making the forks feel different at similar pressures. the different geometry would cause the forks (struts) to undergo slightly different forces. cannondale even recommends different pressures for the same lefty on the scalpel versus the rush. its a difference of about 5 - 10 psi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.