Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a jamis komodo frame,threw it together,just took it out for a spin,seems pretty cool !!! Please pass on feedback if you have put some miles in on one of these.
I had a 2006 komodo and it was bomb proof....
The 2009 are made in china and I'm wondering if the quality is close to the 2006 that were made in taiwan
I'll use the frame as a light a.m. and trail bike,no big air,just some jamming around the trials.
Thx....:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
looks fun. I have an 07 komodo, lot of fun, but my parker gets all the attention now.

I will say this- I had my komodo at 120, 140, and now 100mm travel. 140 was not for climbing one bit, wandered all over. Going down more than made up for it. 120 was good at both, 100 is perfect.
With your domain on there- if its uturn, you will love it at 115. Also, drop a moco cartridge in there and ride it stiff. It feels awesome like that.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
really nice build on the komodo. the seat is odd but hey, if it feels good to you thats all that matters.

·
Registered
16 Posts
nice build

Thats a nice build. Finished my 2005 silver 1.0 a few months back it started as a frame for all my spare parts and has since turned into a treasured fun bike to ride. I have a marzocchi am1 on the front with gravity cranks and an xt drive train with avid bb7 185. I find my self reaching for this ride over my turner sixpack. This bike has reinvented mountain biking for me, seriously. Its just fun to ride a hardtail again. Mine is built up as kind of an all mountain dirt jumping rig. The bike truly does it all and i feel these frames are underrated because of the parts spec out of the factory when it is such nice frame with great all mountain geometry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That one looks great! i just got one 3 days ago and ride it just once since... The Worst of all is the stock fork (RST LAUNCH) it is heavy, of the advertised 130mm only 60 or 70 actually works, and the adjust knobs do anything but ajust, as i see you get rid of the worst part. It is a little heavy for the climbs but for All mountain use is great, good BB height, nice geometry and stiff frame (from what ive seen on just one ride)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts