Columbus, GA
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Columbus, GA
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K2Lambo666 said:
oh , thought you were just gonna swap parts..is that ebay price for the whole bike? or just the frame? thats what i thought..sounds good deal, but depends how he rode it and how long..jamis dakar xct 1.0 new is 1049.99

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/BI272B11-Jamis+Dakar+Xct+10+Bike+09.aspx
No, my current bike has crappy components and they're extremely torn up - my bike has over 2000 miles on it and a lot of that is mountain biking.

I originally saw the model on JensonUSA so I looked it up on eBay and found this one. The bike in the eBay listing is for the whole bike. He claims that he hasn't ridden it much and bought it about a year ago. I asked him for some close up pictures so I'll post those up when he sends them to me.

·
Columbus, GA
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it looks like a great bike. He also upgraded the rear shock to a Rock Shox Ario 3.2 ($175) versus the original Rock Shox Bar 2.1 ($105).

What size is your bike and how tall are you? I'm just trying to make sure this thing is the right size.

I looked at the size chart and I'm the right size for it pretty much.

·
Columbus, GA
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't end up getting it. I offered $620 but someone else offered $710 at the last moment. It's too bad because I was really keen on getting it. I'm sure something else will pop up sometime. I could just get it new on JensonUSA for $1050, but I would rather pay a bit less. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm a little over 6' and on a 19" frame and wish I would've went the next size down. Comfortable climbing but difficult to "detach" myself from the bike on the descents. Other than that I"m very pleased with the bike. With some upgrades it will become a very worthy trail bike.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I was going to buy that frame from Jenson, and still want to. But since I have to upgrade the hard tail I can't afford to do both. Sad face. If I get the frame it will sit till I can build it and I will be stuck with two bikes I can't ride this year! A 17" should be perfect for you. The XCT with a higher end build with 5" forks will make the perfect All mountain bike. That frame is so nice that I am tempted to ride the Giant with the worn out drive train and buy it anyway! It would have to sit for a year till I could build it up with high end componants though. It must come with a crappy build to sell for $1050.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am actually surprised with the shock after reading all the bad reviews on it. It works good enough to get me by till I have some extra dough to upgrade. I was thinking it was gonna suck really bad with terrible pedal bob but it is holding its own. I have yet to see how durable it is, I have only hit the trails 3 times so far. I am a Fox rear shocks guy so I will eventually get a Fox simply because that is what I like. But the RS Bar 2.1 I would say is average.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.