Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue trying to use the Hope matchmaker with Saint shifters on the Tech M4 levers? For some reason, with the shifter attached to the matchmaker, you can't even bolt it to the lever???? :madman:

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had the clamp on xt shifter, its very close to the bottom cap, but when i mount on the clamp, i screw full on the top screw, then follow by the bottom screw, then i have a 1/2mm gap between my shifter and cap. i emailed hope abt this, then reply the same way of mounting. HOPE should change the design a few mm to avoid this...

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
R&D fail indeed. To allow you to maintain even fitting of the clamp, I'd recommend, and it would be simple enough to do so, to make a shim for the extra .5mm or so that you need; but it really shouldn't be necessary.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can run them with the XTR, but I was interested in using the Hope combination brake lever clamp\shifter mount for the Shimano shifters. I have a set of Tech X2s on a bike with XTR 970 shifters and have achieved a comfortable setup, but wa interested in trying the combo mount to clean up the looks and see if the ergonomics could be improved upon.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JChasse said:
ouch, really? So you can't run Hope M4s with current XTR shifters!? That would take the Hopes off my list for my next build...
He was referring to the matchmakers. You can run the xtr shifter separately on the bar.

I bought an XTR shifter to run with them & realized it only works with the XT & Saint...so I bought a Saint and...well you can see where that got me.

·
The Punk Hucker
3,755 Posts
I've read about it often. Hope brakes are bulky and it's been a problem.

For sure you'll wnat their own Shimano compatible matchmaker and to make sure they fixed the problem, give them a call.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.