Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this 3 weeks ago and am in awe of the changes it's made as far as my trail choice, what was avoided in the past I can now ride happily and without fear.

Out with my boyfriend last weekend and went down a rocky descent that would have been walked on my 26', I was yelling due to happiness at riding instead of hiking the bike.

Mike Macisco [email protected] owner of www.tonysbikes.com gave me a great deal, might have a medium '09 29er left. If not, he can get 'em within a week max if they got 'em in stock @ Fisher.

Thanks Mike, bike is great!!

Joan



 

·
Rohloff
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
I've got the 08 Pro. I like the new red color. It is nice what a difference the big wheels and supple suspension can make when you are working your way through rough terrain. Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
great bike.

I definitely ride stuff now that I couldn't before! That fox fork is GREAT.

Love the red lockons! Always a good addition!

cranK
 

·
Rohloff
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
offroadfanatic said:
great bike.

I definitely ride stuff now that I couldn't before! That fox fork is GREAT.

Love the red lockons! Always a good addition!

cranK
I thought you sold your HiFi. What are you riding now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
i added carbon bar, carbon post, noir carbon cranks, ouri lock-on grips, wtb rocket saddle, xtr pedals, shimano 29er wheels and specialized captain armadillo elite 2bliss tires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
I wish they sold the Fisher chainstay guards by themselves.
 

·
Plastic homer
Joined
·
592 Posts
BoomingSooner said:
I wish they sold the Fisher chainstay guards by themselves.
Me too - 4 new Fishers in 18 months and not one came with the chainstay guards.:madmax:

Had to get Bontrager ones ($6.00 each).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Excellent looking bikes, got one on the way myself! Hey question for you 2009 HiFi 29er owners. On the bikes here, why are the frames different by the seat post area? Have to do with frame size? The Fisher site shows the frame without the triangle, but I have seen other photos including the one here with the triangle section. Which frame will I get? my frame size is large.
Thanks
 

·
Always Learning
Joined
·
9,608 Posts
Rockette said:
Got this 3 weeks ago and am in awe of the changes it's made as far as my trail choice, what was avoided in the past I can now ride happily and without fear.

Out with my boyfriend last weekend and went down a rocky descent that would have been walked on my 26', I was yelling due to happiness at riding instead of hiking the bike.

Joan
Joan,

That's a great bike you now own. Congratulations!!!:thumbsup:

I test rode it and absolutely loved it when compared to my 2004 Sugar twenty-nine-incher. Get used to the yelling and happiness thing.:D

BB
 

·
Rohloff
Joined
·
1,600 Posts
bigsig said:
Excellent looking bikes, got one on the way myself! Hey question for you 2009 HiFi 29er owners. On the bikes here, why are the frames different by the seat post area? Have to do with frame size? The Fisher site shows the frame without the triangle, but I have seen other photos including the one here with the triangle section. Which frame will I get? my frame size is large.
Thanks


The extra strut offers a little added strength for the larger frames with presumably larger riders.

S and M have no triangle.

L and XL have the triangle.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top