Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Tribe member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the new year is quickly approaching and with it comes the time to set some goals to shoot for! What are some of your cycling goals? Any new purchases you're looking forward to?

As for myself...I just started biking this past summer and I hit all the main areas here in the FR but I'm looking to get out to some more areas next. Monarch, Moab, more of the Fruita/GJ area, and explore the Buffalo Creek area as well. As for skills, just gotta get keep getting stronger and wanna be able to trackstand by the end of winter. And lastly, there are quite a few parts that I wanna get to upgrade (with all of them mainly being bought to build up a nice FS frame in 2010, but for now they'll go on my Felt hardtail). Luckily Santa came early this year and brought a new Race Face Deus XC handlebar and stem, a Fizik saddle, ergon grips, and new gloves. So throughout the year I'm looking at getting a set of x9 shifters and rear derailleur, a nice wheelset, and possibly a new fork to replace the Dart 1.

Well that's a book and a half...who's next?! :D

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
No purchases for me other than to replace broken parts as I just got myself an early Christmas present in the form of a shiny new Intense M6 to go with my Wife's shiny new Intense Socom.

My goal is to try and use the M6 somewhat towards it's capabilities in next year's race season. (I will likely fail terribly in this goal but I guarantee it will be fun trying! :) )

·
crashes in parkinglot
1,257 Posts
daveM said:
My bike, for twelve months, after my fourth surgery on my ankle.

Oh, and have fun!:thumbsup:
here here! Heal up quick!

Ride my bikes, ride with old friends and meet new ones. Ride trails I haven't ridden, and ride trails I have.

Push myself to be a better rider both uphill and downhill.

I'm looking to get a new ride this year but it really depends on my SO's employment.

·
Awesomist™
2,952 Posts
Goals:
  1. Stay fit, healthy, and strong.
  2. Stay OUT of the hospital (see item #1).
  3. Jump something larger than what I jumped last summer on my DH bike (do not see item #2).
  4. Ride something truly and completely super gnarly and WAY out in the wilderness, preferably above treeline.

Purchases (the dream list, not necessarily gonna happen):
  1. Yeti ARC-X cyclocross bike (possibly set up SS or at least single ring up front, with fenders and mustache bars for commuting and general whatnottery)
  2. Yeti 303 R-DH (just because I can and it'll be fun as crap... what can I say I bleed turquoise!)
  3. Beer. And lots of it.
  4. Some more sweet-ass-sweet camping gear for which to take the trips of biking nature.

·
Stiff yet compliant
1,895 Posts
2009 goal.

Finally ride the Kokopelli trail. I have been wanting to do it for a long time but something always gets in the way. I was all set to do it last spring but had to cancel at the last minute because of logistical problems.
I'm gonna do it this year!

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
Goals

-Have some fun with the new DH team -Canyon Cycles-
-Stop using the go-arounds on the courses
-Be able to keep up with those buggers on the T.I.T.S. rides;)
-Get my best friend to move his dumb a$$ out here from WI

Purchases

-Commencal DH Supreme (anyone want a Faith with ALL NEW 09 parts? I'm keeping my components)
-Intense Tracer VP (Spec Enduro frame anyone?)
-Some low end road bike to replace my 30 year old Schwinn
-Old Schwinn turned into a trendy single speed

·
formerly shabadu
961 Posts
I'd like to have a chain on my DH bike.

Actually make it to some races next year, anything at Angelfire being a priority.

Race more CX in the fall

Bike commute 5 days a week

Get out to California for some riding with old friends

Start DJing again

New Whips:
Pulled the trigger on a Session88DH yesterday
Figure out a way to afford a Remedy 8 or 9, and put the 575 out to pasture.

·
Shattering Glass
705 Posts
Moustache rider said:
Finally ride the Kokopelli trail. I have been wanting to do it for a long time but something always gets in the way. I was all set to do it last spring but had to cancel at the last minute because of logistical problems.
I'm gonna do it this year!
Bikerpelli sports runs a great gig for the Kokopelli trip. $425 gets all your gear from Fruita to Moab with three night of camping( incredible spots), food, Boulder beer, and all the riding you can dish out in between. There are some hardcore guys and gals to so underestimaters and everything in between, all you need on the trail is your bike, pack and will to make it to the LaSals. I logged 190 miles in three days (trail is 142), 18000 feet climbing 40% single, 60% remote and beautiful jeep road, killer scenery all the way, wildflower infused. . Sag stops for lunch also. Sign up is on the 7th of January and the trip fills in about half an hour, testament to the quality of this true mountain bike experience run by a Boulder local guy. The 2 trips are the first and second weekend in May. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.