Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the real Pro-Pedal Position please stand Up.

With the Shock Facing Foward...i.e. with the Pro Pedal Lever facing toward the Front of the Bike, Which way do you set the Pro Pedal Lever (Left or Right) to enable the Pro Pedal feature.

Reason I ask, is the User Manual for the 09 Fox RP23 shows setting the Pro Pedal Lever to the Left to enable Pro Pedal..BUT...The drawing in the Manual has the Schrader Valve facing toward the Right. This does NOT make sense. The Schrader Valve for the 09 Model is on the Left when the Shock is facing Toward the front of the bike.

So, which way to enable Pro Pedal...."Left" or "Right"?

See picture compared to User Manual drawing:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I don't know if this will help, because my schrader valve is as shown in this picture. The way I remember it when riding is Right = Rigid and Left = Loose when sitting on the bike. This equates to Pro-Pedal on the left when looking at the shock straight on......at least for mine. The best way to tell is to bounce up and down on the pedals and flip the lever back and forth. The side that only allows a little bit of travel is the Pro-Pedal side. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
But you can turn it off right? Like in situation where you already have a rear suspension design that reduces pedal bob and that (eg. dw link, maestro, idrive) you wont need/want propedal, so is it possible to turn it off completely? If so, does it perform the same as the RPL and R (the models that don't appear to have propedal)? Because then i guess it would make more sense to just get the shock without propedal (providing it performs as good still).

EDIT: Just found out that on the RPL and R models propedal is present and is set by the factory before purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't believe that you can lock the shock for 100% rigidity. My bike is a 4 bar link suspension, and it climbs well in both Pro-Pedal and full travel modes, but on longer climbs, or those requiring more feel and traction, I definitely prefer Pro-Pedal mode. I believe that most of the upper end shocks will have some sort of lockout feature, so you may have to give up some quality, available travel, adjustability, etc... to get a shock that does not lock out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.