Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ride time in on the new K24's? The new lever/pluger assembly is totally different. Any difference in lever feel or return? I am also curious if any of those extra hinge points in the lever rattle when riding. Searcing for a new set of brakes. i am currentlyconsidering these to Exlirs or XT's. Thanks for any responses.

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
i just got mine...they're awesome. switched to them from juicy 5's and they're much better. i only have 100ish miles on them so far (i've had them for a couple weeks) but they're nice. very good modulation, no issues with noise, plenty of stopping power (even with my alligator rotors.) the fact that they use the same bleed kit as the juicies is nice as basically every shop everywhere has one. and they came with the extra parts to cut the line right out of the box is nice, and was a very simple process too. the FPS on them is much better than on any of the juicy series- you can feel the difference between the two extremes. no qualms at all.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Got K24's 2 weeks ago too!!

They're better than anything else I've used.

Previous brakes:
1). Hayes HFX ?? 160mm rotor. Decent brakes.
2). Avid mech 185mm rotor surprisingly strong but other issues, needs adjustment all the time, modulation not very good. Would never go back to a cable brake.
3). Magura Louise 180mm rotor. Pretty good brakes but some issues, wore pads fast.

The K24's have much more power, actually feeling like power brakes. Surprisingly very good modulation for such a strong brake, no fade even on long downhills.

Most of my rides consist of a 2500 foot climb followed by a 2500 foot decent. There's absolutely no fade on a 2500 foot decent.

Don't know how they compare against the newest brakes out there but they were a huge upgrade for me.

They rock.

MB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.