Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
Hell just go for the new deetraks lighter than the old deemax and only 450 :D They even get the same pawl system

·
Registered
322 Posts
I heard a rumor that the new DeeMaxxs' are gonna have a 4 pawl system instead of the 2 pawls- I destroyed my rear DeeMaxx hubs with the 2 pawls:madman: , maybe the 4 pawls would have lasted a little longer.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The assumption that you pay more for quality it absurd. Last time I heard you still get a not much for the amount of doe you pay into them.

You're paying for the lightest wheels out there.

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
highrevkev said:
I heard a rumor that the new DeeMaxxs' are gonna have a 4 pawl system instead of the 2 pawls- I destroyed my rear DeeMaxx hubs with the 2 pawls:madman: , maybe the 4 pawls would have lasted a little longer.
If you read the info in the link you will see that its not a rumor.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Hope Pro IIs laced to Mavic EX 729s: normal, non-proprietary (easy to find) spokes, reasonable weight, about $550 handbuilt and shipped at Universal. The Mavics are ridiculously expensive...

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
After owning several sets of Deemax wheels, I would spend the money on a set of I9s instead.
I have never been impressed with Mavic hubs, they need lots of attention (they come loose all the time) and seem to eat bearings.
Mavic hoops are some of the best available, and paired with I9 hubs & spokes make a amazing wheelset.

·
Registered
456 Posts
1soulrider said:
After owning several sets of Deemax wheels, I would spend the money on a set of I9s instead.
I have never been impressed with Mavic hubs, they need lots of attention (they come loose all the time) and seem to eat bearings.
Mavic hoops are some of the best available, and paired with I9 hubs & spokes make a amazing wheelset.
thats my dream wheels I9s laced to 823s ummmmm

·
Registered
592 Posts
1soulrider said:
word. get I9's instead. better. cheaper. hotter. faster. 6 pawls. no nipples. lighter...
just a better wheelset

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.