Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I am building up an '09 Air9 as stated above as a 1X9. That said, I am using a WI ENO Crank Set and a Mid Cage XTR Rear D. With the new 73mm. Shell I am now in need of a new BB. So the 73mm/113mm. or the 73mm./121???

Need to know pretty quick as I am currently with NO BIKE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Many Thanks All,

PF

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on people. I am confident that there is someone out there that is FAR more knowledgeable than me on this subject. I am simply trying to figure out which length is going to provide me with the best possible chain line (for a 1X9 that is).

Please...

PF

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
PanFry said:
Come on people. I am confident that there is someone out there that is FAR more knowledgeable than me on this subject. I am simply trying to figure out which length is going to provide me with the best possible chain line (for a 1X9 that is).

Please...

PF
I'm doing fine with 2007 Shimano XT M760 Crankset. Shimano says the chainline is 50mm.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
That's a huge a$$ jump in widths PF, is that all they have? :eek: If you're running it 1x9, I'd say you want that ring in the position where the middle ring would normally be - but I have never ever even seen an ENO crank - so not sure how they fit the BB and also depends on how you like your Q-Factor. What did you use before when you had it with a 68mm BB shell? This question I'm sure has been asked before on here try a search as well.

I'm with PacMan on this, love my M760s ;) but I do "tweak" them a bit and run a 47.5mm chainline.

Oh and if you're really unsure, order 2 cheap BBs in both spindle lengths and try them, then order the $$$ BB.

PanFry said:
Ok,

I am building up an '09 Air9 as stated above as a 1X9. That said, I am using a WI ENO Crank Set and a Mid Cage XTR Rear D. With the new 73mm. Shell I am now in need of a new BB. So the 73mm/113mm. or the 73mm./121???

Need to know pretty quick as I am currently with NO BIKE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Many Thanks All,

PF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.