Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide what size 2008 5spot / RFX to get (and I also need to decide which bike :D ). I am 6’-0” tall and according to the Turner sizing chart I should be on a large. My current bike is an Ibex Atlas and it has a 23” TT with a 110mm stem. Overall I really like the way my current frame fits me, the large Spot / RFX has a TT over ¾” longer. I could always get a large and run a shorter stem to even things out if I don’t care for the longer TT.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
You answered your own question - large with an 80mm stem is a great place to start at 6 foot for either bike. Don't forget 25mm is an inch. Medium would be way too small for you and you would need an 8 foot post.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just bought a 08 leftover RFX from Larry at Mtnhighcyclery. (also was thinking about a 5 spot). I am 6'0" tall as well, with 33" inseam (and I have short torso and bad low back and like a short tt). Just like you, I have current frame that fits me well (RMB Slayer) with a 23.5" tt and 110m stem. I talked it over with a few guys on the forum and Larry and decided to go with a Large. The M has a shorter head tube, and I wanted by bars at the same height. Also, it seems alot of homers run a shorter stem on their RFX, like a 70. I am going to run a 70 or 90 on my RFX as well.

PM if I can help you any further. Though, I think the homers will give you better advice.

Oh, and to give you a road comparison, I ride a custom Serotta with a 59cm seat tube and 55 cm tt with a 110 stem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.