Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install a Hammerschmidt on a 2008 slopestyle with the 03 tabs. The issue is that the tabs do not seem to line up 100%.

Its not a big issue with a chainguide because there is some adjustment, but with the hamerschmidt there isn't any.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I had the same issues on my 07-08 Socom. One hole was off. Intense warrantied the frame. It was considered a manufacturer defect.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Same here.
kntr said:
I had the same issues on my 07-08 Socom. One hole was off. Intense warrantied the frame. It was considered a manufacturer defect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called intense... and they said that since the designed the bike before the hammerschmidt came out they didn't make the holes to spec. Since there is adjustment in a chainguide it was never much of a issue.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
wirk242 said:
Called intense... and they said that since the designed the bike before the hammerschmidt came out they didn't make the holes to spec. Since there is adjustment in a chainguide it was never much of a issue.
Such BS. The holes should be exact. What is an international standard for? The frame is out of spec. They should warranty the frame. Intense lied to me over and over again when the HS wouldnt bolt up to my Socom frame. Eric at Competitive Cycles filled me in when Intense wouldnt admit the holes were out of spec. Nice to know Intense is finally admitting they made a mistake. The Socom is not the only Intense bike with out of spec chain guide holes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Mudd said:
Hey wirk....
Sell your SS frame and buy my '09 Socom frame.
The Socom's ISCG05 tabs will accept the Hammerschmidt AM or FR version.
Problem solved! I'm local for you as well.
Go here: http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/648086/
Hah, not my bike.. I am working on it as a favor for a friend. My slayer SS had no such issues.

I actually think the HS I am trying to install might be yours originally... haha.

I see where intense is coming from. The bike was never designed to work with a HS, Pretty much every single chain guide I have seen has some adjustment built in so this was not a problem to have a out of spec hole alignment. What i think is a weird design choice is the crazy lower pivot bolts.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
YIKES!!
wirk242 said:
Hah, not my bike.. I am working on it as a favor for a friend. My slayer SS had no such issues.

I actually think the HS I am trying to install might be yours originally... haha.

I see where intense is coming from. The bike was never designed to work with a HS, Pretty much every single chain guide I have seen has some adjustment built in so this was not a problem to have a out of spec hole alignment. What i think is a weird design choice is the crazy lower pivot bolts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
From ISCG.ORG

"In a combined effort between the Industry leaders in chain retention - MountainSpeed/MRP and Mr. Dirt; the future standard for mounting chain retention devices on all Downhill specific and Dual specific bikes has been set.
By creating the ISCG (International Standard Chain Guide mount) frame manufactures can now include specific mounting tabs to eliminate the twisting and spacing problems that plagued previous mounting systems. Now, everything from the initial set up to race day performance is guaranteed. Hard mounting the system on the frame gives the chain guide the stability and strength demanded by the riders of today. ISCG will also eliminate the guesswork in the initial set up, and allow manufactures to easily accommodate the needs of their consumers.
MRP chain guides will proudly be available ISCG compatible as of December 1st, 2000."

Sounds like its supposed to be a standard to me.

Specs:
http://www.iscg.org/INTL_STD_MTG_LOCATIONS.pdf

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
02Bullit said:
From ISCG.ORG

"In a combined effort between the Industry leaders in chain retention - MountainSpeed/MRP and Mr. Dirt; the future standard for mounting chain retention devices on all Downhill specific and Dual specific bikes has been set.
By creating the ISCG (International Standard Chain Guide mount) frame manufactures can now include specific mounting tabs to eliminate the twisting and spacing problems that plagued previous mounting systems. Now, everything from the initial set up to race day performance is guaranteed. Hard mounting the system on the frame gives the chain guide the stability and strength demanded by the riders of today. ISCG will also eliminate the guesswork in the initial set up, and allow manufactures to easily accommodate the needs of their consumers.
MRP chain guides will proudly be available ISCG compatible as of December 1st, 2000."

Sounds like its supposed to be a standard to me.

Specs:
http://www.iscg.org/INTL_STD_MTG_LOCATIONS.pdf

WORD.:thumbsup:

I had a guy complaining about it on the chairlift at Silverstar. He was super pissed a HS wouldnt bolt up to his Intense.

·
Registered
382 Posts
kntr said:
WORD.:thumbsup:

I had a guy complaining about it on the chairlift at Silverstar. He was super pissed a HS wouldnt bolt up to his Intense.
How did it not bolt up? Where the holes clocked incorrectly? Or was one of the tabs incorrect in it's location? Was it ISCG old or ISCG 05?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Salami said:
How did it not bolt up? Where the holes clocked incorrectly? Or was one of the tabs incorrect in it's location? Was it ISCG old or ISCG 05?
One bolt hole was off about a 1/4" and it was an 08 Socom. The HS would not bolt up to my 07 either... one hole off. I posted pics here in the forums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts