Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
70 Posts
no, not possible, some forks you can decrease the travel by using spacers, that compresses the steel spring to give less travel, air forks like yours do not have steel springs, just air and a damping cartridge

·
Registered
7,952 Posts
sexytime said:
no, not possible, some forks you can decrease the travel by using spacers, that compresses the steel spring to give less travel, air forks like yours do not have steel springs, just air and a damping cartridge
Air forks are the easiest design to adjust travel on. Most modern air forks can be limited down to whatever travel you want. Coil forks which are travel adjustable do NOT adjust travel by compressing the spring. If you don't know the answers, please don't just start guessing.

To the OP, I know some Reba's are 120mm, and some are 100mm. The easiest way to see if yours can go up to 120 is to pull the air piston out and see if you have a 20mm spacer on there.

·
Banned
70 Posts
bad mechanic said:
Air forks are the easiest design to adjust travel on. Most modern air forks can be limited down to whatever travel you want. Coil forks which are travel adjustable do NOT adjust travel by compressing the spring. If you don't know the answers, please don't just start guessing.

To the OP, I know some Reba's are 120mm, and some are 100mm. The easiest way to see if yours can go up to 120 is to pull the air piston out and see if you have a 20mm spacer on there.
you truly are a bad mechanic.

·
Registered
681 Posts
sexytime said:
This is absolutely incorrect. Listen to Mr. bad mechanic. I have a 08 Team Reba and mine is setup for 100mm travel. There is a 20mm spacer inside the damper that, if removed, would result in 120mm of travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.